• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Inactive) Psion's Return to the Tomb of Horrors (ORG)

Psion

Adventurer
Nightbreeze said:
I would be interested, too. I'd like to play a human cleric/wizard/mystic theurge as a first character or a dwarven druid (yeah, yeah, i know :p ) as a second character.

Both sound fine (the Dwarf a Dream Dwarf from RoS, maybe?)

The Mystic Theurge, possibly devoted to Jasami (see deity list). The broad array of abilities available to a mystic theurge could potentially be very useful, but a full arcane spellcster or psion is advisable in the party.

Psion

Adventurer
Kafkonia said:
1) Ariornvuraurix Turalisj Thurkear ("Ari" to her friends) is a naturally curious, easygoing Spellscale sorceror 9/fate spinner 5. (If you don't like the Fate Spinner class, I can tweak it.)

2) 'K' is a detached, seemingly emotionless wizard 5/alienist 9. (Possibly a conjurer, possibly a generalist, I haven't decided.)

Both sound fine. Is K supposed to be a spellscale, too?

Psion

Adventurer
nonamazing said:
Hey, this looks like fun!

I'm able to post pretty regularly, up to once per day, usually in the mornings or mid-afternoons. I can see that a smart rogue-type would be really handly here, so my first choice would be an arrogant Illumian Diviner 5 / Rogue 5 / Loredelver 4. As a back-up, and because I think psionics are pretty cool, I think a Synad Rogue 2 / Lurk 8 / Elocater 4 (if Synad not allowed, substitute Elan).

Some rogue-ness would be good. :) Synad and Elan should be fine. Most psionic races from from a continent to the east, so you will be a foreigner, so save a language slot to speak the local common.

Psion

Adventurer
Fenris2 said:
I'm am up for a slot if picked..

Char wise I am still mulling it over, I have got four ideas, you are welcome to help me narrow it down ;-) :

1) An ardent sounds good, psi rocks.
2) Bard/sorc/sublime chord(comp arc), singing in the rain...
3) sorc/efigy master, constructs are yer friends
4) Ranger/Fi/rogue/dervish(comp war), a mobility figther type, probably a goliath

Ardent sounds interesting/different.

The dervish build might be good, as we are lacking fighter volunteers so far.

Psion, put me down as interested.

I am ok to post from now until Friday 22nd December (basically Friday morning for you since Australia is ahead of the US timewise - At the time of me posting this the time is just after 5pm on Tuesday 19 December). After that I don't know if I will be able to post again until 2nd January. I will probably be online for at least sometime between 22 December and 2 January but I don't know for sure as the Christmas/New Year period is up in the air for me. I will be able to post between Jan 2-9 without a problem but I am away between Jan 10-14. After Jan 14 I will be able to post multiple times per day Monday-Friday. Weekends may be erratic.

Ok now that that's out of the way. I had hoped to play a Human Wizard 14 as my primary character. As my secondary character I would probably pick a Halfling Rogue 14 although I am open to suggestion if some other role is required.

I can give you more details if you want but I would like to know if I'm in or out first.

Thanks,

Olaf the Stout

Edit: I noticed that you are lacking Fighter volunteers. I would be happy to play a Fighter or a Barbarian if you need one.

Nightbreeze

First Post
Psion said:
Both sound fine (the Dwarf a Dream Dwarf from RoS, maybe?)

The Mystic Theurge, possibly devoted to Jasami (see deity list). The broad array of abilities available to a mystic theurge could potentially be very useful, but a full arcane spellcster or psion is advisable in the party.

Yep, I suppose that a full-level wizard or psion will be needed for the HUGE spells. However the theurge will add a lot of flexibility. I'll be fleshing it out more precisely this afternoon....(well...here it's the 8 the morning)

ps: have you noticed my spoiler?

Apologies for the short response in regards to character choices but I am just about to leave work for the day.

I have not played or read the ToH or RttToH. I only know that it was a real killer dungeon full of traps. The only specific trap that I know of is the sphere of annihilation.

Olaf the Stout

Psion

Adventurer
Olaf the Stout said:
Psion, put me down as interested.

I am ok to post from now until Friday 22nd December (basically Friday morning for you since Australia is ahead of the US timewise - At the time of me posting this the time is just after 5pm on Tuesday 19 December). After that I don't know if I will be able to post again until 2nd January. I will probably be online for at least sometime between 22 December and 2 January but I don't know for sure as the Christmas/New Year period is up in the air for me. I will be able to post between Jan 2-9 without a problem but I am away between Jan 10-14. After Jan 14 I will be able to post multiple times per day Monday-Friday. Weekends may be erratic.

Ok now that that's out of the way. I had hoped to play a Human Wizard 14 as my primary character. As my secondary character I would probably pick a Halfling Rogue 14 although I am open to suggestion if some other role is required.

I can give you more details if you want but I would like to know if I'm in or out first.

Edit: I noticed that you are lacking Fighter volunteers. I would be happy to play a Fighter or a Barbarian if you need one.

Olaf,

Since you were the first to express interest, you are most likely in, especially considering your willingness to hit on classes we haven't had volunteers for. If you can't make it during the Christmas/New Year week, that's fine, though it would be good if you can get your primary character done by then.

Well see how the other characters pan out, since there are several who have expressed interest who have not posted yet.

Pelargir Breakstone, "Peja" for short but only between comrades
Dwarf Cleric 14

Deity: Delundar
Alignment: NG
Domains: Trade, Travel

[sblock=Stats]Age: 120 years
Height: 4' 4"
Weight: 150 lbs

Str 13
Dex 11
Con 16 [base 14, +2 for race]
Int 12
Wis 18 [base 16, +2 level increases @ 4th and 12th]
Cha 14 [base 15, -2 racial, +1 level increase @ 8th]

Skills: [51 points to spend] Concentration +10/+14 w/feat, Diplomacy +12, Sense Motive (cc) +7, Heal +5, Knowledge (arcana) +9, Knowledge (religion) +15, Knowledge (the planes) +2, Profession (blacksmith) +5, Spellcraft +10.

Feats: Total of 5. [1 each @chargen, 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th] Combat Casting, Extra Turning, Negotiator, Power Attack, Improved Sunder. I would like to have Peja take Disciple of the Sun from CD as his feat at 15th level--assuming he makes it that far and you approve the feat. Peja would never be caught being called a "Disciple of the Sun," though. He'd want to be called a "Disciple of Stone," or some other more dwarvenly-sounding thing.

Fort +12
Ref +4
Will +13

Quarterstaff +11/+6, 1d6+2 dmg (TH) x20.
Sunder w/quarterstaff +19 [base +11, +4 feat, +4 TH wpn]

Spells Prepared:
0-lvl:
1-lvl:
2-lvl:
3-lvl:
4-lvl:
5-lvl:
6-lvl:
7-lvl:

Equipment: TBD.[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]Peja worked as a blacksmith's apprentice in the Underhalls of his clan's mountain. After breaking the journeyman's bellows, iron anvil, forge implements, and a valuable piece of black marble shot through with gold within a year of working as an apprentice, however, Peja was summarily let go from his position. Disgraced, Peja's clan farmed the dwarfling off on the Underhall's temple of Delundar, where it was hoped that if Peja could not work the lode then at least he might find a passable career (albeit with significantly less prestige) as a priest. Always one to stumble and trip, after breaking a censer during worship, Peja was sent abroad by the temple to conduct clan and temple business in and around Bluffside. Having miraculously survived numerous brushes with death over the years and being no stranger to the better taverns in Bluffside, Peja has met with a small amount of local fame. So much so that his dwarvenly wisdom might soon be eclipsed by his burgeoning charisma, particularly if tankards of ale are involved. Like many dwarves, Peja loves geld. He covets it, finds its presence in mass quantities soothing and irresistable, and seeks to bring home more of it for his clan. The only love that Peja maintains beyond his clan and his gold is ale. Though well-intentioned, Peja has always been something of a ne'er do well and frequently manages to screw up at precisely the wrong moment. This uncanny ability to mess up puts him at odd with the perfectionist nature of his priestly order and his superiors.[/sblock]

I'll work on the halfling bard alternate tomorrow, and will edit that character into the bottom of this post. I'll make sure to spoiler tag the two characters to help keep them separate. As an aside, like several of the other interested players, I'd happily be willing to create something other than a bard as my alternate. One thing I wondered---do you want the alternate to be the same class as the primary? If I'm playing the cleric, for example, and my character dies, should I have a backup cleric ready to go in order not to leave the party high and dry?

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads