• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Inactive) Psion's Return to the Tomb of Horrors (ORG)

Psion said:
Speaking of Complete Divine, I do use the errata on Divine Metamagic limiting it to one feat. If you were planning that.

I wasn't, no. But that's good info to know, regardless. Thank you.

I'll look for you to expand the deities post before getting too terribly attached to any one idea. :)

Last edited:

Nightbreeze

First Post
I would be interested, too. I'd like to play a human cleric/wizard/mystic theurge as a first character or a dwarven druid (yeah, yeah, i know :p ) as a second character.

i'm a student in a college, so I have access to computer with internet every day and I can easily post trice a week.

As for my knowledge about the tomb of horrors...I know only 1 think (if it's the same adventure), bu I suppose it's quite important
I know about the broken staff of the mage inside the anti-magic field....a friend of mine told me that while joking about our experiences as dm

Psion

Adventurer
Kafkonia said:
I'm definitely interested. I have a couple of ideas, but thought I'd ask about Races of the Dragon, since it's not on either the recommended or banned list. What is your opinion on the Spellscales, in particular?

I have not explicitly inserted them in the world, but have no real problem with them. I'll have to work out were they are and what their society/city/nation is like. Feel free to make one.

Fenris2

First Post
I'm am up for a slot if picked..

Char wise I am still mulling it over, I have got four ideas, you are welcome to help me narrow it down ;-) :

1) An ardent sounds good, psi rocks.
2) Bard/sorc/sublime chord(comp arc), singing in the rain...
3) sorc/efigy master, constructs are yer friends
4) Ranger/Fi/rogue/dervish(comp war), a mobility figther type, probably a goliath

As to the adventure? Probably somewhere I have the 1e version. I would have to dig through the boxes to see (too lazy). I recall probably... nothing since that was from more than a decade ago and my memory might be good for a week or so tops.

Posting? I am post whore and can adopt to most schedules. During the week is usually okay M-F, weekends are catch as catch can. Work can rear its ugly head as I am doing 2 jobs right now, but barring critical deadlines, both are IT so I have net access. Besides family, pbems keep me (realtively) sane.

Last edited:

nonamazing

Explorer
Hey, this looks like fun!

I'm able to post pretty regularly, up to once per day, usually in the mornings or mid-afternoons. I can see that a smart rogue-type would be really handly here, so my first choice would be an arrogant Illumian Diviner 5 / Rogue 5 / Loredelver 4. As a back-up, and because I think psionics are pretty cool, I think a Synad Rogue 2 / Lurk 8 / Elocater 4 (if Synad not allowed, substitute Elan).

I don't know much about either the Tomb of Horrors or the follow-up, save that each are considered to be "old-school" dungeons teeming with traps and nastiness. And that sounds pretty cool to me.

Psion, I'm looking at a dwarven cleric 14 who worships a god of commerce. For alignment, I am thinking something LN. For domains, I would like to know whether any of the following are available: Artifice, Community, Cavern, or Trade. The character, as he exists in my mind, is a traditional dwarf--devoted to his clan, to dwarfkind after that, and to his gold and the gold of his clan. Gold being associated with well-being, security, and safety, of course. ;) I checked out the link to the Maelstrom deity list. Can you please tell me more about Oln the Strider? Delundar the Artisan? The domains associated with these two indicated to me that one of them might be a possible fit for what I have in mind. If not, do you have a suggestion for me? Who would a dwarf devoted to his clan and his gold worship?

Would you allow the Greed or Wealth domain from the Draconomicon? Is the Missionary domain from RR okay?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Kafkonia

First Post
All right, I have brief (one-sentence) concepts and names for both characters. I'll go into more detail tomorrow; it's after midnight and I already spent ten minutes just getting the darn Spellscale's name right. :)

1) Ariornvuraurix Turalisj Thurkear ("Ari" to her friends) is a naturally curious, easygoing Spellscale sorceror 9/fate spinner 5. (If you don't like the Fate Spinner class, I can tweak it.)

2) 'K' is a detached, seemingly emotionless wizard 5/alienist 9. (Possibly a conjurer, possibly a generalist, I haven't decided.)

The requested information will be up following a good night's sleep. :)

ETI: Ari's name translates as "Long Night of Silver and Gold."

Last edited:

Sorry, more questions. :eek:

I'm curious now whether Dwarf Paragon 3/Cleric 11 would be acceptable. With the same focus on commerce but with a LG alignment.

Are you allowing Bloodlines from UA?

SolosAddie

Explorer
well, it looks like there's still spots, I'd like the chance to get into a higher level game.

My two character ideas: Primary Human druid, secondary half-orc monk.

i can generally post evenings, and easily three times a week

no clue on information for the module

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
CanadienneBacon said:
Psion, I'm looking at a dwarven cleric 14 who worships a god of commerce. For alignment, I am thinking something LN. For domains, I would like to know whether any of the following are available: Artifice, Community, Cavern, or Trade. The character, as he exists in my mind, is a traditional dwarf--devoted to his clan, to dwarfkind after that, and to his gold and the gold of his clan. Gold being associated with well-being, security, and safety, of course. ;) I checked out the link to the Maelstrom deity list. Can you please tell me more about Oln the Strider? Delundar the Artisan? The domains associated with these two indicated to me that one of them might be a possible fit for what I have in mind. If not, do you have a suggestion for me? Who would a dwarf devoted to his clan and his gold worship?

Would you allow the Greed or Wealth domain from the Draconomicon? Is the Missionary domain from RR okay?

Only one I could tell you is right out is Missionary. I have some issues with some of the higher level spells in the domain.

Here's some info on Oln and Delundar.

[sblock=Oln]
Oln the Traveller, known as Oled among the dwarves.

Wanderer upon the Endless Journey,
Patron of Travelers and Messenger of the Gods,
Master of Negotiation and Lord of Merchants,
Father of Trade and Exchange.

Alignment: Neutral.
Domains: Plant, Travel.
Symbol: Tulmarian rune of Negotiation.
Favored Weapon: no preference.
Favored Class: none.
Favored Race: Dwarf, Human.
Associated Animal: none.
Associated Colors: gold.

Priests:
Alignment: N, NG, NE, LN, CN.
Head Raiment: bare.
Body Raiment: no preference.
Preferred Armor: no preference.
Preferred Weapon: no preference.

Worshippers:
Alignment: any.
Holy Days: new moon.
Sacrifice Times: weekly.
Sacrifice Forms: offerings, tithing.

Alternate domains You may take Trade as one of your domains.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Delundar]
Delundar the Artisan, also worshipped by Dwarves and Gnomes by that name.

Master Craftsman of the Gods,
Father of Business and Commerce,
Lord of Bountiful Endeavors and Prosperity.
Alignment: Neutral (Good).
Domains: Luck, Protection, Travel.
Optional: Substitute Craft for Luck.
Symbol: golden necklace.
Favored Weapon: Longsword.
Favored Class: Fighter.
Favored Race: Dwarf, Human.
Associated Animal: swan.
Associated Colors: copper, silver, gold.
Priests:
Alignment: N, NG, CN, LN, NE. (no evils in this campaign)
Head Raiment: no preference.
Body Raiment: no preference.
Preferred Armor: finest available.
Preferred Weapon: finest available.
Worshippers:
Alignment: any.
Holy Days: full moon.
Sacrifice Times: weekly.
Sacrifice Forms: tithing, fine crafts.

Alternate Domains: You may select one of your domains as Craft or Trade
[/sblock]

Either sound good for what you are looking for. Delundar sounds more traditional dwarven, but Oln/Oled sounds more reasonable for an adventurer. Your call.

Dwarf paragon is fine.

Last edited:

Remove ads