Incarnum CAmpaign Anyone?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I personally end up with an array of many kinda-good stats than with a few really great ones and a few poor ones. I personally don't like it at all, and I try to actively avoid having a whole array of 14s because I think it looks unimaginative (even though I know it's sound, stat-wise). Because social interaction can be so much more emphasized in a PbP and you have more time to think of your actions, weaknesses can be punished more often. At least that's how it sometimes seems to me. The dice can aid you or turn against you at any time.

moritheil

First Post
It's interesting that you put it in terms of being punished for low results. My general understanding of optimization is that specialization is always a good thing, provided that it is efficient specialization.

FWIW, I'm built at 16/14/13/13/12/10.

D.Shaffer

First Post
For what it's worth, here's my tentative character stat write up. Critiques wanted.
I'm like going to go for one more level of Barbarian before going into the Totem Rager prestige class. I maxed out Con a bit more then I normally would as the character is a brawler, but lacks a decent AC, hopefully it makes up for it later. I need to add a ranged weapon (Probably a long bow) and a few healing potions, but I think I like what I ended up with here.

EDIT: Made some changes to the format, some slight tweaks, and added some personality notes.

[Sblock]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Hauser Slurry
[B]Class:[/B] Barbarian 3 / Totemist 3	[b]Starting Level[/b]: 6
[B]Race:[/B] Azurin
[B]Region of Origin:[/b] Tribal Areas
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Chaotic Neutral

[B]Str:[/B] 16 +3 ( 7 p.)	[B]Level:[/B] 6	[B]XP[/B]: 2100
[B]Dex:[/B] 12 +1 ( 4 p.)	[B]BAB:[/B] +5		
[B]Con:[/B] 20*+5 (15 p.)	[B]Grapple:[/B] +8	
[B]Int:[/B] 10 +0 ( 2 p.)	[B]Speed:[/B] 40'	
[B]Wis:[/B] 10 +0 ( 2 p.)	[B]Init:[/B] +1	
[B]Cha:[/B] 10 +0 ( 2 p.)	[B]HP:[/B] 71 (3d12/3d8+5)	
* +1 Con for Leveling

[B]	Base	Armor	Shld	Dex	Size	Nat	Misc	Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]	10	+5	+0	+1	+0	+0	+0	16
[B]Touch:[/B]	12	[B]Flatfooted:[/B] 15

[B]Spell Res:[/B] None
[B]Dmg Red:[/B] None

[B]	Total	Base	Mod	Misc[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]	+11	+6	+5	--
[B]Ref:[/B]	+5	+4	+1	--
[B]Will:[/B]	+2	+2	+0	--
[B]Notes:[/B] +4 Bonus vs. Supernatural effects of Magical Beasts

[B]Weapon		Attack	Damage	Critical	Range[/B]
+1 Longaxe		+9	1d12+4	20/x4		------
[B]Notes:[/B]Longaxe can gain reach with 3 damaged shifted into power attack
Bite			+8	1d8+3	20/x2		------
Bite (As Secondary)	+3	1d8+1   20/x2		------
[B]Notes:[/B]+1d4 Electrical Damage per essentia invested

[B]Languages:[/B] Common (Literate)

[B]Abilities:[/B] Rage (1/day, 10 Rounds), Fast Movement +10’ (Light/Medium armor only), 
Uncanny Dodge, Wild Empathy (+3), Totem Protection, Chakra Binds (Totem)

[B]Feats: [/B] Cobalt Rage, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Longaxe), 
Power Attack, Bonus Essentia

[B]Essential Pool: [B]6 [B]Capacity:[/b] 2 (3 for Totem Bind)
[B]Chakra Binds: [/b]1 [B]Soulmelds: [/b]3
[B]Default Melds:[/b]
[i]Behir Gorget[/i] (Totem Bind)          
[i]Great Raptor Mask[/i]           2
[i]Trifold Mask of the Chimera[/i] 2
Cobalt Rage                 2

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 36	[B]Max Ranks:[/B] 9/4.5
[B]Skills			Total	Ranks	Mod 	Misc[/B]
Craft (Woodcarving)	+4	4	--	--
Intimidate		+5	5	--	--
Listen			+9	9	--	--
Spot			+5	5	--	--
Survival		+9      9	--	-- 
[B]Notes:[/B]2 Points spent on literacy

[B]Equipment:		Cost	Weight[/B]
+1 Mithral Chainshirt	5100gp	10lb 
+1 Longaxe		2335gp	15lb
Amulet of Health +2	4000gp	--lb
Gauntlets of Ogre Power	4000gp	--lb
Dagger			   2gp   1lb
Wilderness Kit			
Adventurer's Kit

[B]Total Weight:[/B]XXXlb	[B]Money:[/B] XXXgp Xsp Xcp

[B]		Lgt	Med	Hvy	Lift	Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]	76	153	230	460	1150

[B]Age:[/B] 31
[B]Height:[/B] 6'1"
[B]Weight:[/B] 240 pounds
[B]Eyes:[/B] Glowing Blue
[B]Hair:[/B] Sandy Brown
[B]Skin:[/B] Deeply Tanned

Appearance: Hauser tends to dress the part of a professional warrior, not revealing many traces of his tribal nature when possible. His face is usually clean shaven, his hair is cut short and he takes pains to look as clean cut as possible. His equipment is well taken care of. Besides his armor, he usually wears blue cotton trousers, black leather boots, and a blue, sleeveless cotton shirt. He carries his axe strapped across his back with a dagger tucked into his boot. He has several large scars visible across his arms and neck.

Personality: Hauser tends to take a nonchalant attitude to the world around him. While he pays attention to people while talking, especially his employers, he doesnt seem to be that interested if it doesnt involve making money, hitting things, or woodcarving (His personal hobby). He is hard to anger for the most part, and tries to act civil, but when he does get upset he tends to react quickly and brutally (Raging if he still has a use left), taking out the offending part as quickly as possible in a cold fury. Known hot topics include insulting his parents, breaking any of his artwork, or accusations of cheating/disloyalty to his employers. His rage is also triggered by taking any serious wounds. (knocking him down to 75% hit points or less) While he is a mercenary, he prides himself on 'staying bought' once hired and will mention any such 'turning attempts' to his employers. He enjoys carving representations of his totem spirits during his off time and has become fairly decent at it. (While his alignment is listed as CN, this is more due to his raging behavior. Normally, he tends to be more along the lines of N in temperment)

Background: Hauser was born to human parents in an outlying tribal area, his glowing eyes heralded as a great portent for his village. Dissapointingly his natural talents as a child seemed to be hitting things very hard when upset and having the constitution of a horse. This led to him being very good at the more martial activities, learning to ply a trade as a hired mercenary. While he always been fond of the wilderness surrounding his village, it was during this early period in his life when he discovered a more spiritual bond in the natural world. In his primal rages, he saw aspects of the world that surrounded him in himself, gradually awakening his latent abilities. While still a mercenary, he uses this more as an excuse to see the world around him and explore his talents.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

D.Shaffer

First Post
moritheil said:
Hmmm. If you intend to be openly chaotic, this could cause some interesting intraparty strife :p .
Well, his CN alignment is tied into his barbarian rage. I see his raging as being uncontrollable on his part (I have a list of 'triggers' that'll set it off, damage among them) Additionally, when raging he'd be a bit more 'primal' in nature giving into the wild beastial aspects of the totemist. Combine those two and he's a bit more chaotic in nature. Without those two things kicking it over, I feel he'd be more N.

Remove ads