Incarnum CAmpaign Anyone?

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
thanks for showing interest.

at the moment thers no set date: im still fleshing things out, and id like to see if more people show interest. Theres a good PC in MoI for your character idea.

moritheil

First Post
Nalfeshnee - Before I reassign stats/skills and finalize things, there's something I'd like to know: What are your thoughts on the prestige classes Ruathar, Kensai, Occult Slayer, Divine Champion, and Pious Templar? Are there any among them that you would ban, modify, or impose special conditions for?

moritheil

First Post
RoD, I believe. Ruathar is here in its entirety. Since the elves are not one of the "spotlight races" of this world's history, it's entirely possible that my question is a moot point, of course. ;)

Incidentally, the feat Ecclesiarch will be removed from my build - the two skills it gives are already class skills, and the higher Leadership score does nothing but make more work for the DM by making more followers. A lower number of followers might make things a little more believable, also.

Oh yes, is it okay for Aranar to prepare spells from C.Div that both paladins and blackguards can cast? I figure that's a strong indication that a given spell is not good- or evil-specific.

If Question, Isida, or anyone else wants to chime in on the advisability or inadvisability of building a 10-str paladin, now is a good time. :p I'm currently leaning against it, but it's still a possibility.

Last edited:

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
:)

right about the ruathar - id say you cant choose from that one.

and regarding the spells, i seee no problems (though no to spells with evil descriptor)

moritheil

First Post
Question said:
Is the paladin going to be take levels in the elf paladin substitution class?

I assume you're really asking, "Is it a ranged paladin?" No. It's a melee build. The problem is that kensai requires Int 13 via Combat Expertise, so I would have to swap my Str 13 and Int 10 to enter it.

Nalfeshnee - Thanks.

Question

First Post
Why take kensai then, if its going to force you to be a str 10 melee build? You could do Str 14 Dex 14 Con 14 Int 10 Wis 14 Cha 14.

moritheil

First Post
Question said:
Why take kensai then, if its going to force you to be a str 10 melee build? You could do Str 14 Dex 14 Con 14 Int 10 Wis 14 Cha 14.

I've already built such that almost everything works off Cha. If I wanted to be really powerful, in fact, I would best be served with an altogether different build, using Aasimar. As it is, there's essentially no point in grabbing certain things without 18 cha, and that's the build I'm testing. I'm human so I can max Diplomacy and get a decent Gather Info, doubling as a face man. Obviously this will become unneeded if we get a rogue.

I guess that's a bit abrupt, so I should point out that the point of my building a tank is not to deal damage, just to survive. Damage is an afterthought - I'm mostly relying on our blasters and on Smite when it's absolutely essential to drop someone fast.

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
I'm interested as well, but I haven't looked at my incarnum book in months so I need to head home and look through my books before deciding, but as I haven't seen any concepts listing it yet, I'd likely be interested in a LN Soulborn 6.

Remove ads