• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Income

Mallus

Legend
Is the Interdimensional Iron Bank run by a sorceress named Merkel the Mighty? I think it should be.

This just keeps getting better and better. I'd definitely play the "Dragon Finance Chronicles", beginning with The Dragons of Earning Season's Twilight. Probably read the novelizations, too. In paperback (or, umm, ebook).

Zardnaar

Legend
Liberating things like mines or establishing businesses. I had some PCs have a shipyard and used indentured servents (PoWs basically) in 2E. Assassination and brewing poisons would be another one or running a thieves guild.

BoldItalic

First Post
Is the Interdimensional Iron Bank run by a sorceress named Merkel the Mighty? I think it should be.

This just keeps getting better and better. I'd definitely play the "Dragon Finance Chronicles", beginning with The Dragons of Earning Season's Twilight. Probably read the novelizations, too. In paperback (or, umm, ebook).

The party's first quest is to infiltrate the Interdimensional Iron Bank and find out where it keeps its money, with a view to stealing it. Upon discovering that the Bank doesn't actually have any money, they reach a milestone and level up.

The party's next quest is to find out where all the gold went. A paper trail will lead them to a mountainous country called Swizz, that is inhabited by gnomes and giant yodeling cuckoos. On reaching the town of Zurrik the party levels up again.

Kind of funny to have threads about "What on Oerth are we supposed to spend these piles of gold on if we can't buy magic items?" and then a thread about trying to figure out how to get money. I think contrasting experiences like that are a good thing though.

empireofchaos

First Post
Is the Interdimensional Iron Bank run by a sorceress named Merkel the Mighty?.

Merkel the Formerly Mighty. Funding demagogues who claimed to be able to destroy all dungeons, and then trying to deal with the inevitable fallout by trying to resettle surviving dungeon denizens in her native city kind of made everyone turn against her...

Last edited:

UnknownDyson

Explorer
I'm playing a cambion son of Graz'zt in a FR campaign and my character started a crime syndicate that dealt in designer drugs, extortion, and assassination. Using his natural charm he brought world weary orphans angry at their lot in life to his cause, as well as demons. Don't forget the demons. Nothing makes money like narcotics.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads