• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Incorpereal and ethereal

Diomeneus

First Post
after looking through the core books for awhile trying to make a character for a certain purpose I eventually found the Etherealness ability for armor... then remembered ghost touch for weapons works both ways. Getting excited at the prospect of having an incorporeal character that can melee opponents as well as bypass armor I was horrified to realize that ethereal and incorporeal are two separate yet similar things...

With armor that has the etherealness ability the only way I can make myself incorporeal so that I can attack is if I actually manage to somehow get the Supernatural Ability ghosts have called Manifestion. Looking at the rules for creating magic items i was hard pressed to find the ones that allow me to make an item that has a supernatural ability and NOT a spell or spell like..

any help or suggestions on how to make a character incorporeal without adding the ghost template?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
An item in the Tome of Magic (Shadow Magic section) grants incorporeality on command.

Cheers, -- N

Shin Okada

Explorer
Higher level Ninja can attack from Ethereal plane though only a limited time. They can also become Ethereal by themselves, of course.

Jhaelen

First Post
Diomeneus said:
any help or suggestions on how to make a character incorporeal without adding the ghost template?
In MM5 there's also the phantom template. The low-cost version only makes you incorporeal when moving, iirc.

Maleketh

First Post
Jhaelen said:
In MM5 there's also the phantom template. The low-cost version only makes you incorporeal when moving, iirc.

There's only one version - it just works differently depending on the templated creature's hit dice.

Diomeneus

First Post
yeah I'm gonna have me a look at the MM5 then... Tomb of Magic had no items... just a prestige class that was half caster/rogue kind of. My character is fighter or rogue.

Remove ads