• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

They jumped in price here as well. Not doubled though.

Two bits of fish and chips are around $6-7 usd. My theatre has a liquor license and fold out table so you xan order say burger and fries, eat it watching a movie and wash it down with a beer. The beers about bar prices, burger and chips slightly over priced but nice enough.
There is funny business with regards to fish&chip prices here. It's gone up to about £10 each here in the south east (not including drinks), but is still only around £5 up north.

That's not in cinemas of course. I wouldn't buy anything there is I don't know how much it is, other than too much.

It involves him punching Nazis, albeit in a flashback. Nazi-punching Indy is always the best Indy.

It does, however, have a shockingly lame title in a series that has always had great titles. Even the Indy video games have better Indiana Jones movie titles than the "Dial of Destiny". I thought it was a joke title made up for this thread.

Am I the only one who tends not enjoy movies with Nazis in them? During History class I saw too much sickening real footage of the Holocaust during school as a kid to enjoy Nazis as villians, I just end up seeing those Gods aweful images in my head. It'd be nice to have new villians.

Zardnaar

Legend
Am I the only one who tends not enjoy movies with Nazis in them? During History class I saw too much sickening real footage of the Holocaust during school as a kid to enjoy Nazis as villians, I just end up seeing those Gods aweful images in my head. It'd be nice to have new villians.

I saw tgat as well age 13/14. I don't watch a lot of movies featuring the war due to cartoon depiction of them.

We had pretty extensive courses on the Holocaust where I went to school and we used to have a survivor who came into the bakery I worked at every day, and he would often talk about his experience at length. When it comes to Indiana Jones, for whatever reason, I feel it understands the gravity of the history surrounding the Nazis. Also they aren't just goofballs to be punched in Indiana Jones (at least that isn't how I remember the movies growing up), they are legitimate threats who, at the end of the first movie at least, face the wrath of God. So there is a real revenge fantasy to a film like Raiders of the Lost Ark that I think is highly cathartic for people (but I also enjoyed Inglorious Basterds as well). I do share some of your reluctance though when it comes to more glib treatment of the subject where contending with a movement that exterminated 6 million Jewish people is as simple as smacking them in the face (I think that can veer into de-emphasizing the genocide by amplifying the cartoonish depiction of Nazis for effect----also when the stakes for modern anti-semitism are still violence and death, I have trouble sharing in glib expressions of Nazi punching).

In terms of the new movie I am very curious about it. I am wary of a time travel plot in Indiana Jones. That feels a little far in the way that aliens felt a bit much to me. And I am still having a lot of trouble with this awful title. But probably going to wait for it to come on streaming to watch it. I tried reading reviews and online reactions but it seems this, like so many movies, is subsumed into a larger culture war. I'd rather wait before the emotions around it die down and watch in a way where I can just decide for myself whether I like it or not.

Remove ads