Indie game developers and Mastodon

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yes, I left there, it was strange, and didn't seem to be any engagement.
Well, it's like Twitter in that you need to follow the right people, and gain followers yourself. But no, it's not on the scale of Twitter--if you're looking for billionaire megacorp social networks, then your choices are down to the obvious trio--Twitter, Facebook (and its subsidiaries), and TikTok.

I get very little engagement on Twitter myself. I guess it's about presence in different spaces.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
Well, it's like Twitter in that you need to follow the right people, and gain followers yourself. But no, it's not on the scale of Twitter--if you're looking for billionaire megacorp social networks, then your choices are down to the obvious trio--Twitter, Facebook (and its subsidiaries), and TikTok.

I get very little engagement on Twitter myself. I guess it's about presence in different spaces.
Twitter is dead. I was hoping from something more on masto, and I did have something around 50 followers there, it was just a place where one would see a post, and then no answers. It was very rare to ever see anyone talk to each other. Facebook it is then, because the world doesn't need another 50+ year old guy on tiktok ...

PJ Coffey

PJ Coffey (they/them)
Twitter is dead. I was hoping from something more on masto, and I did have something around 50 followers there, it was just a place where one would see a post, and then no answers. It was very rare to ever see anyone talk to each other. Facebook it is then, because the world doesn't need another 50+ year old guy on tiktok ...

There is no algorithm. You need to follow 200-500 people, or equivalent for enough "content" to replicate twitter.

The local feed is always a rich source of inspiration as is the #TTRPG and the @ttrpg@a.gup.pe autoboost group.

Saying its dead is just not true. It is not Twitter. The clue is in the name!

Remove ads