Indie game developers and Mastodon

PJ Coffey

PJ Coffey (they/them)
If you're interested in Mastodon stuff I thought this was quite a good guide. There isn't the problem of the algorithm making your posts disappear.

There's an enworld server!
@morrus@chirp.enworld.org
@tabletopjess@chirp.enworld.org
@Abstruse@chirp.enworld.org
@dysonlogos@chirp.enworld.org
@darjr@chirp.enworld.org
@gsllc@chirp.enworld.org
@slyflourish@chirp.enworld.org

Also dice.camp is pretty popular
@EggEmbry@dice.camp
@hellcowkeith@dice.camp
@capacle@dice.camp
@chloethecartographer@dice.camp
@mcg@dice.camp
@DHS@dice.camp
@JasonBulmahn@dice.camp

I'm @homebrewandhacking@mastodon.ie and quite like helping people out so if you want a hand getting set up, I'm happy to help. 😀

Yora

Legend
I don't know what others are expecting from it, but Mastodon has always been working like a charm for me for the last half year. Plenty of RPG stuff going on. I don't use it to follow anything else.

PJ Coffey

PJ Coffey (they/them)
Yes, I left there, it was strange, and didn't seem to be any engagement.
I think it looks enough like Twitter to confuse people and there are some subtleties which are not apparent.

I.e. if you don't use # or the right # and you don't have people boosting your posts you'll get nowhere.

The wrong server can be awful as well. That's why I specified two which will accept sign ups.

It's its own thing? But once you get round that it's fairly easy to have a good time. 😀

PJ Coffey

PJ Coffey (they/them)
I don't know about with hash tags, though even with boosts it seemed empty. Twitter was neat for a moment though it is dead pretty much. I have seen some going to something called blue sky maybe that will be better. Here is fine, except it is 99% D&D which is cool for what it is. I have no complaints.
OK. If here is fine then this isn't the thread for you is it? 😉

Remove ads