• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Indie game developers and Mastodon

PJ Coffey

PJ Coffey (they/them)
If you're interested in Mastodon stuff I thought this was quite a good guide. There isn't the problem of the algorithm making your posts disappear.

There's an enworld server!
@morrus@chirp.enworld.org
@tabletopjess@chirp.enworld.org
@Abstruse@chirp.enworld.org
@dysonlogos@chirp.enworld.org
@darjr@chirp.enworld.org
@gsllc@chirp.enworld.org
@slyflourish@chirp.enworld.org

Also dice.camp is pretty popular
@EggEmbry@dice.camp
@hellcowkeith@dice.camp
@capacle@dice.camp
@chloethecartographer@dice.camp
@mcg@dice.camp
@DHS@dice.camp
@JasonBulmahn@dice.camp

I'm @homebrewandhacking@mastodon.ie and quite like helping people out so if you want a hand getting set up, I'm happy to help. 😀

Yora

Legend
I don't know what others are expecting from it, but Mastodon has always been working like a charm for me for the last half year. Plenty of RPG stuff going on. I don't use it to follow anything else.

PJ Coffey

PJ Coffey (they/them)
Yes, I left there, it was strange, and didn't seem to be any engagement.
I think it looks enough like Twitter to confuse people and there are some subtleties which are not apparent.

I.e. if you don't use # or the right # and you don't have people boosting your posts you'll get nowhere.

The wrong server can be awful as well. That's why I specified two which will accept sign ups.

It's its own thing? But once you get round that it's fairly easy to have a good time. 😀

PJ Coffey

PJ Coffey (they/them)
I don't know about with hash tags, though even with boosts it seemed empty. Twitter was neat for a moment though it is dead pretty much. I have seen some going to something called blue sky maybe that will be better. Here is fine, except it is 99% D&D which is cool for what it is. I have no complaints.
OK. If here is fine then this isn't the thread for you is it? 😉

Remove ads