• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Indiegogo or Kickstarter for non-US publishers?

Gnarl45

First Post
Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you living outside the US ever tried a crowdfunding campaign? What platform would you recommend using?

Most people fund their RPG projects with Kickstarter so that was my first choice. Being French, I can’t set my goals or pledges in US dollars which is a bit annoying considering most backers live in the US. Apparently the price is also displayed in US dollars for US backers so it might not be as bad as I think it is.

Indiegogo allows you to collect your funds in US dollars as a foreigner but I’m worried using a platform people aren’t familiar with will be detrimental to the campaign. And what would you put in an advertising banner? “Live on Indiegogo”? I’ll be honest, until six months ago, I didn’t even know what Indiegogo was.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

Gnarl

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Some people won't use Indiegogo and some won't use a display currency other than their own. Both are a a very small minority, and there's nothing you can do about it.

I'd go with the Kickstarter displayed in Euros. Showing £ doesn't hurt Modiphius any.

Last edited:

Remove ads