A Multi-Publisher Crowdfunding Event for Dungeon Crawl Classic's 'Purple Planet'

Purple Planet Horde involves 8 publishers with linked Backerkit projects!

dg35v471e5k4oe5ji9ozzonmgxg4.jpeg

Goodman Games is spearheading a 'multi-publisher' crowdfunding event over on Backerkit. Eight separate publishers--including Goodman Games--are involved in the Purple Planet Horde, and you can pledge simultaneously for all or some of them. The campaigns have linked stretch goals, and come from publishers such as High Dive Games, Ed Stank, Horse Shark Games, Studio 9 Games, Gaming Honours, RollFunkyDice, and Purple Sorcerer Games. The project launches Tuesday, February 6th at 9am Pacific/Noon Eastern.

Eight publishers are simultaneously crowdfunding TTRPG supplements in the same fantastic setting! The Purple Planet: Where mighty death worms rule the wastes, beastling tribes wage an endless war, befouled winds whistle through ancient crypts, and fungal forests flourish in the weirdling light. Where ancient technologies offer life... or a quick death. Will you and your companions stand as conquerors atop this alien land? Or will you fall beneath the blast of an ink black death ray, just another corpse left to litter the wastes of the Purple Planet?

Pledge for one project or all of them! Each project has its own stretch goals plus there are stretch goals that cross projects!
  • There are 8 unique Purple Planet bonus drop in encounters, 1 for each project you back!
  • Pledge for 3 or more projects for a free "purple planet 3d6" dice set!
  • Get to the top of the multi project backer leaderboard, or just get lucky, to have an anagram of your name appear as an NPC!
  • Bonus page of runic lore unlocked for each project, only if all Purple Planet projects are funded!

Egg Embry

Egg Embry

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
View attachment 344860
January 30, 2024 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

On February 6th Goodman Games will once again make crowdfunding history with the launch of Adventures on the Purple Planet . . . And Beyond! on BackerKit Crowdfunding. Not only will this campaign collect all the material from our legendary Purple Planet setting for Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG, but Goodman Games will be joined by seven other independent publishers in a cooperative crowdfunding event like no other!

We're calling it the Purple Planet Horde, and you can find every campaign that is part of this multi-publisher event by visiting our Purple Planet Horde page on BackerKit. All of these campaigns will have linked stretch goal options, such as bonus encounters for each supported project – even free dice sets for backing three or more projects.

The Purple Planet Horde page on BackerKit:
As far as we know, this is the first time eight publishers have launched simultaneous, cross-compatible crowdfunding efforts in the same TTRPG setting. Some of the biggest names in third party DCC RPG publishing are participating, with Horse Shark Games, Studio 9 Games, Raorgen Games, TSG High Dive Games, Gaming Honors, Roll Funky Dice, and Purple Sorcerer Games all on board to deliver their own unique vision to the Purple Planet Project!

Visit our Purple Planet Horde page for a cooperative multi-publisher event every bit as big and brilliant as the Purple Planet itself -- and we hope you'll join us next week for crowdfunding history in the making!

The project launches Tuesday, February 6th at 9am Pacific/Noon Eastern.

For more information contact info@goodman-games.com
Super interesting functionality from Backerkit to support cross-crowdfunds. Unless it's all manually tracked?!? 😱

I like the Purple Planet stuff the first time. This sounds fun, but also I like everything well organized. Give me one book of rules and one book of setting/adventures. I hate having things spread and to cross referenced.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I like the Purple Planet stuff the first time. This sounds fun, but also I like everything well organized. Give me one book of rules and one book of setting/adventures. I hate having things spread and to cross referenced.
I’m mostly with you. I like boxed sets with multiple books and maps. But this seems extreme.

Remove ads

Remove ads