• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Infection...

Belzbet

First Post
I have a cosmos where a plane is very close to the negative energy plae... I want a conseuqnce that makes all creatures get infections easiers... help with infection...

Belzbet

First Post
So, like a -2 to Fort saves to resist diseases and maybe poisons and such?

Nice thank you.. But I want something weirder.. meaning if a PC does not get magical healing (or a lv 0 spell called "Cure Infection") then it has a 50% chance to the infection, note: infection only applies if you have been hit BY A melee or magic attack...the penalties for infection is what I am wondering.. Since a lv 0 spell can count act the penalties... I want the penalties to be severe.... example: If creature X got hit for ANY (Y amount of ) damage then creature X must make an infection CHECK (24 hours after it got hit) or suffer dire consequences... notice since the cure is so easy the sonseuqbt can be qucite severe,,,

Last edited:

S

Sunseeker

What kind of "infection" are you looking for? The common cold? West Nile virus? Some kind of "plague of evil"?

You could use the taint rules, which I think would be more interesting for a "plane of negative energy", here's the rules from UA: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/UA:Taint

What do you want the results of getting infected to be? Do your players get the sniffles? Do they go frothing mad? Do they slowly turn evil? Do they mutate into horrid abominations?

IMO: any time a player is in an area where disease runs rampant, be it a decaying forest, a mucky swamp, or a plague-riddled city, any open wounds are going to pose immediate risk of infection. They may not even get a save, the DM might simply make an additional roll behind the screen to see if they got infected, and then make them make checks later once it's set in.

The simplest way to infect your characters quicker is to simply make an additional die roll every time they take damage from an enemy. That roll should correspond to a list of possible diseases, with some room left for of course, not getting one.

Last edited:

Remove ads