Infiltration?! (Your input desired...)

ph0rk

Friendship is Magic, and Magic is Heresy.
you are going to need one hell of an army.

One man on a wall is worth ten on the ground; and they have a lot of men behind the wall.

You are going to need one huge army to conquer that city. One thing that may help for infiltrating is possibly getting ahold of a ship and sneaking in through this elevator dock system. I'm sure since all the inhabitants of the city are not undead, they need supplies of some sort and without bringing them through the "no man's land", sea side is the only way.

After getting in, come up with a way to cause as much chaos without being found out as possible. With a ship at your disposal, you should be able to hide some equipment. As for how? hmm...perhaps a fire inside the city would cause enough chaos. Then attack!!

Good luck! Sounds like you'll need it.

Caspian Moon Prince said:
You are going to need one huge army to conquer that city. One thing that may help for infiltrating is possibly getting ahold of a ship and sneaking in through this elevator dock system. I'm sure since all the inhabitants of the city are not undead, they need supplies of some sort and without bringing them through the "no man's land", sea side is the only way.

After getting in, come up with a way to cause as much chaos without being found out as possible. With a ship at your disposal, you should be able to hide some equipment. As for how? hmm...perhaps a fire inside the city would cause enough chaos. Then attack!!

Good luck! Sounds like you'll need it.

This seems like an interesting idea that we haven't explored... Right now, we're talking about stealing from the evil draconids in the city... but, haven't actually talked about getting in the city with a ship...

Love the input!

ph0rk said:
you are going to need one hell of an army.

One man on a wall is worth ten on the ground; and they have a lot of men behind the wall.

We're in the middle of trying to recruit at least 10,000 additional men--
Just a matter of time to see how many answer the call... and how many men we can hire with our resources...

ph0rk

Friendship is Magic, and Magic is Heresy.
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
We're in the middle of trying to recruit at least 10,000 additional men--
Just a matter of time to see how many answer the call... and how many men we can hire with our resources...

They have at least (by the post) 7650 troops encamped. Even assuming they fight as hard as normal men (I'm not familiar with all of those monster types, but I'm damn familiar with ghasts and ghouls.) I wouldn't try outright assault without 76,000 men. Along with seige engines and ten towers worth of mages. Oops, I forgot about their dragons.

If your numbers are similar/twice theirs, you must either sneak in or lay seige.

I'd recommend summoning/planar ally-ing in many earth elementals to make you a nice wide tunnel to the center of the city.

The only other alternative is if you have (or are able to find) the exact location for these bladed weapons you want, you can make a guerilla hit to steal them, but you'd still need about 70,000 troops as a diverson -and- all the earth elementals to sneak in.

I say hire a boat and find yourself a new continent :)

Archon

First Post
uhmm....

or maybe one/a few of us can just walk in find out the information we need through deception, then we the heroes can make major strikes against the most powerfull foes leaving the "cannon fodder" without guidance. then we march on Oceanus with an army and clear them out.
i'm not very good at the whole detailed planning thing. complicated plans have a knack of running afoul. i say the simpler the better. but no matter what someone has to decide on ONE course of action and stick to it. i'm willing to do whatever it takes to free Oceanus.

by the way, this is Archonus, the Ranger/Rogue/Martyr/Fighter in the group we're currently calling the Circle of the Phoenix.

kamosa

Explorer
Idea:

Since you cant storm the walls, try to draw out their army.
March your army up to the edge of the no mans land, taunt them, and then march back into the brush. Make them come out and meet you, don't let them gun you down from behind the walls.

Question, since the sword has not been found yet, is it safe to assume that it is undetectable? If so, try sneaking in a small band of heroes into the city. Leave lots of evidence that you where in the city and then leave the city. That night have your troops hold a victory celebration just outside of arrow range of the city and in the morning promptly march away like you are guarding something valuable. When they leave their walls to chase you, turn and destroy their army.

They might leave some units behind in the city, but if you can destory their main forces, you should be able to mop up the remaining troops.

Pyske

Explorer
Ride up attached to the bottom of their spiffy elevators. Find the uber-sword first (you'll need some sort of advantage here, since manpower obviously don't cut it). The army leaves the city when the sword does.

. . . . . . . -- Eric

jerichothebard

First Post
Caspian Moon Prince said:

It certainly worked for the Trojans.

I have to agree with the sneak in, make a surgical strike, get the heck out approach. Do you have access to teleport (even a one-time scroll to get out?)

jtb

Remove ads