• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Infiltration?! (Your input desired...)

Gynsala

First Post
Possibilities

All that NPC magic and still no plan? wow. You could grease the dwarf, but that would just be funny. Silence is always a good spell, and useful for the infiltration too. Just make sure somebody has silent spells prepared, and you could have a good time with that. Heck, you could just cast silence on the dwarf and catapult him to the roof. Hey, maybe you can't teleport inside, but can you cast invisibility, teleport a hundred meters above the building and featherfall down? Take all the clanky armor off (and avoid that wonderful armor penalty) Reduce it, and just carry it around with you in a pack somewhere.

The druid is by far the most versatile spellcasting class, use it. Anything from using giant vermin to creat mounts/conveyance up the walls/through the air, to stone shaping a ladder right into the walls to plant growthi on vines or ivy to maybe casting spike stones on the walls to make grips? Who knows. All depends on DM interpretation of what he can do.

As for how to get out after.... How many fireballs will you have left at the end? How thick is this wall? There's always stone shape again. Y'know 80 sorcerers casting magic missle at a building at the same time would make one hell of a show as well... Over if you just need a distraction, 80 to 100 dancing lights accompanied by ghost sounds would probably either freak people out or convince them something major was going on elsewhere.l

Last edited:

The_Universe

First Post
Xath said:
We should be getting in some Wizards of various levels sometimes soonish. Perhaps "The Universe" will elaborate.
Not until after this goes down. It takes time for people to pack up their lives (and families, if they have them) and move to Hyrwl, especially when the seas are not exactly safe for travel. The call went out about 3 weeks ago, in game, which is just long enough for people on the island to be able to travel overland, to you...assuming they got the message instantly. But, they're coming....

Xath

Moder-gator
Gynsala said:
Hey, maybe you can't teleport inside, but can you cast invisibility, teleport a hundred meters above the building and featherfall down?

That is so cool. That's rediculous. Awesome.

Gynsala said:
Ballsy is right, but as long as you guys are sneaky enough, it could work well. Sounds like lots of coldblooded killing and torture. Hope you don't have any paladins:)

As the resident Paladin/Cleric for the game-- all the things that we'd be killing are either evil draconids or the undead...

Granted, I wouldn't let them torture the poor beasts... but, that's why God gave us Mark of Justice...

Burn it on them, let them go. They'll almost instantly die. Hours of entertainment.

WEEE!

The_Universe

First Post
Right now, they're planning on trying to infiltrate the enemy headquarters, currently set up in the Duke's former palace...any relevent advice?

Gynsala

First Post
Advice...

The_Universe said:
Right now, they're planning on trying to infiltrate the enemy headquarters, currently set up in the Duke's former palace...any relevent advice?

Yeah. Do good, don't suck... :D

Archon

First Post
"arsa people gunna die Ani?"

"...i've got a bad feeling about this..." :uhoh:
mik aka "Mr. InfluencedbyStarWarsmusiccurrentlyplaying"

The_Universe

First Post
Archon said:
"...i've got a bad feeling about this..." :uhoh:
mik aka "Mr. InfluencedbyStarWarsmusiccurrentlyplaying"
Thousands. Perhaps millions. The best part is, this isn't even the largest invasion force...just the first. That's the thing about ageless beings...they can bide their time, grow in strength...and plan.

*evil look* MWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAA!

Laurel

First Post
Xath said:
L'Aurel Woodshadow: Half-elf Ranger/Druid
Look it's me! Actually I am a half-elf Ranger/Fighter/Druid/Windrider... yep, not really the most useful at this point, but hey my first PC and I did get us a T-Rex that we are training for mounted combat :)

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has given us some cool ideas, and ah... kept us alive :)

So we stole a boat, and we got into the palace! (Thank you teleport/featherfall idea!!!!)
Now we seem to be going for the mass chaos and rescue missions. We found some maps that point toward this just being the beginning of a much bigger invasion (two other main cities have already fallen) and according to these maps it looks like at some point they do plan to move from the city.

Gynsala said:
Hey, maybe you can't teleport inside, but can you cast invisibility, teleport a hundred meters above the building and featherfall down?

Yes, yes we can do that!! And, we did... it was an excellent plan... did almost get us in some trouble with a Wyvern... but, luckily, that was taken care of and we were able to get into the palace to retrive some very useful information...

:heh:

Good times!

Remove ads