D&D 2E Infinite Elf Generator/Xp mill

Zardnaar

Legend
Elves in 2E are worth an insane amount of xp. 420xp each in the MM.

A player could create an elf wizard even more xp than a normal elf.

The the other players kill the elf get xp wash rinse repeat. 3-6 elves per PC to hit level 2. Much safer than hundreds of kobolds at 7xp each.

Splatterelf the RPG. Kickstarter incoming.

delericho

Legend
It's been a really long time since I read it, but I think the 2nd Ed DMG actually calls out that behavior as a no-no - basically, the DM shouldn't give the PCs for no-challenge combats.

Ondath

Hero
Joke's on...somebody: in AD&D 2E, elves can't be bards.
I started playing at the tail end of the 3.5 era, so maybe I just don't "get" it. But man, some of the race/class restrictions make no sense. What is it with Elves not being allowed as Druids in AD&D? ELVES? The race whose schtick from since Tolkien has been being supernaturally in tune with nature and living in trees? THOSE guys can't be druids but humans can?!

I saw the title and the forum, and I assumed the "Infinite Elf Generator" was the system TSR used to produce Elf sub-types in 2e.
That, or: I thought it would be one of those online things like the Boromir death simulator where you generate elves until… IDK, the universe completely fills with elves? Like in that Star Trek TNG episode where the universe was filling up with Enterprises.

Remove ads