Info from the WotC 2007 January to April Catalog

Particle_Man

Explorer
Complete Scoundrel likely won't have new base classes, as Complete Mage did not. Could be worth a look.

Dungeonescape looks like it might be my first environment book. I wonder if one could pull a "world's largest dungeon" trick and run a 1-20 campaign without leaving a dungeon environment?

drothgery

First Post
Particle_Man said:
Complete Scoundrel likely won't have new base classes, as Complete Mage did not.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see a respin on the Swashbuckler in Complete Scoundrel or the presumed-to-be-coming Complete Warrior follow-on, if only because it's a popular archetype and an unpopular class.

Particle_Man

Explorer
drothgery said:
I wouldn't be too surprised to see a respin on the Swashbuckler in Complete Scoundrel or the presumed-to-be-coming Complete Warrior follow-on, if only because it's a popular archetype and an unpopular class.

I sincerely hope that they do something to beef up the Hexblade a bit in the Complete Warrior 2, whatever the title. I wonder when that one comes out -- Aug-Sept 2007?

delericho

Legend
That Forgotten Realms super-adventure trilogy looks interesting.

I'm also looking forward to Dungeonscape, the Magic Items Compendium, and the new Star Wars. Oh, and I'll pick up most of the adventures. (I'll probably get the new Completes, but not until the full set are available.)

I would like to see some high-level adventures being published, though. I find them notable in their absence.

drothgery

First Post
Frukathka said:
What is this one supposed to be called?

Since we don't have a title or date for it, it's only presumed based on the three we know about, and might not actually exist. CArc II/Complete Mage (already out), CAdv II/Complete Scoundrel (on the schedule, available for pre-order @ Amazon), and CDiv II/Complete Champion (on the schedule, available for pre-order @ Amazon) we know for sure about.

Remove ads