• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Info on Goatfolk/Inixians

Nebrok

First Post
I plan on starting a game that centers around a tribe of Ibixian (or Goatfolk as they are called in the Monster manual) But the Monster manual really doesn’t have much on them in the entry. Now I know that as a DM I can come up with anything, but still I wanted to keep the race more or less authentic. (My Ibixian are to be primitive and tribal, using stone or bone tool/weapons)

I tried looking up info on the web but didn’t find much, is there anyone out there that knows more or knows were I can find more info on this race. One of my primary questions is, are goatfolk herbivores/vegetarians or do they eat meat like minotaurs? Other than that any info on them could be useful.

frankthedm

First Post
Last edited:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
You also have the goat men from Diablo

What I would do is list out things on the race and work with that

- Stone age
- Limited weapons not built for bow use, uses spears
- Cannibals (see other races as food)
- Warrior / Raider race
- Head Hunters: status based on prizes
- Superstitious: Signs of gods good and bad - this forces me to think about their gods and some signs and leads to the next item
- Shamans are the leaders
- Limited nature magics
- Migrant: depletion of resources forces them to relocate
- Male dominate

Go to the source and ask a Broo (goatkin) yourself:
Glorantha: A Personal View of Broo Culture

Runequest beats out D&D and Warhammer for the first bad-ass nasty goat-men:

Broo or Goatkin are creatures with the body of a man and the head of a goat, or some other animal. Broos are filthy creatures, always carriers of disease. They worship Malia, the Mother of Disease, in addition to their patroness, Thed, the goddess of rape and mother of Chaos. Broo have the ability to mate with any other species, with the child eating its way out of the host at full gestation. The newborn would distribute traits of parent and host. Within Dragon Pass (where most players set their adventures), goats are generally considered ritually unclean animals (perhaps because of their association with Broo) and are rarely herded.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads