info on godlike if you please

The Sunderer

First Post
Not at all!

It gets released on the 5th of Feb and looks absolutely Fantastic!

You have 3 styles of play:

Realistic: Getting shoot hurts and will probably kill you straight off, the Talents dont wear spandex, spandex attracts sniper bullets.

Cinematic: All those crazy things in the movies you can do to!

Four Colour: Captain America and the Red Skull battling it out over the normandy landings!

And the dice mechanic (not D20) has to be seen to be believed... Totally sublime.

And the web support... This has to be seen to be believed! Sometimes we get two updates on the website in a single day. The game designers seem to be on tap on the mailing list to answer every niggling little question that we have (sometimes with a 5 minute turn around!). Remember. - The game hasn't even been released yet. I haven't seen support like this since... Ever actually

I can't wait for this one... I haven't been this excited about an upcoming game since Feng Shui.

Godlike Guys if you are reading this feel very, very pleased with yourselves, you have earned that smug grin believe me.

Vrylakos

First Post
Godlike

Yup, Godlike should be officially on the way. "Will to Power" the German book, is a supplement that will be out later this year, if all goes well.

And the support for this unreleased-as-yet game is totally incredible. If you want proof, go to the yahoogroup and ask a question. See if it doesn't get answered quickly, if not almost immediately....

VRYLAKOS

Temprus

First Post
Not big on WWII and I really hate me too threads!

BUT....

Godlike has a very sweet mechanic. I have made notes on how to rewrite my homebrew of over 20 years using the Godlike system.

P.S. Dungeon/Polyhedron will be printing a Godlike comic for the next few issues!

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Re: Godlike

Vrylakos said:
Yup, Godlike should be officially on the way. "Will to Power" the German book, is a supplement that will be out later this year, if all goes well. ..

Oh yeah!...who called it?

I Did!

Whoooo!

BadMojo

First Post
I am also looking forward to Godlike, but I'm extremely interested in the "Ghosts" supplement. Cold War Godlike should be a blast. I'm not a huge fan of the WWII setting, but the game still looks great.

Also, check out the website. They just keep posting cool new free stuff!

Skywalker

Adventurer
Not to mention Teenagers+. I have yet to see a game that pits superpowers with the tensions in our modern world well. Aberrant was a good go but I think Godlike may do even better.

Vrylakos

First Post
Apparently...

It seems to be down. I can only assume it'll be up tomorrow morning...

I'll post when I notice it is up again...

VRYLAKOS

sotmh

First Post
Well, I was in the middle of the rules .pdf when the site crashed. :eek: And I want to read the rest goshdarnit!

I have to say, at first I was a bit skeptical of the unusual system, but as I read further into the rules I began to see the elegance of it. It does fall close to the freeform rpg mark though, which requires a skilled gm, IMO.

Plus, the OGL conversion in the appendix will allows people to choose how they prefer to play. More options is always good. I hope more companies start operating like this.

sotmh

Remove ads