• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Info on the Wizard (Looked at the book today)

Lord Nat

First Post
I got my hands on a copy of the PHB for a little while today and wanted to give what I read on the Wizard (seeing as I have yet to see any real info for it).

Cantrips:
There are only 4 and you get all of them at level 1.
Light, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound, and Prestidigation (a small list of effect, each last about an hour, can have 3 going at once).

Spell Book:
You start with one for free and it can hold Daily and Utility spell plus it keeps your known rituals. It comes with a little over 100 pages, and each spell takes one page. Plus rituals take a number of pages equal to it's level.

Rituals:
You start the game with 3 for free (I think I only saw 3 level 1s so I guess you get all of them but not 100% on that).

Over all it looks like wizards get a lot to do at level 1.

I only flipped around the book at random after that so I really don't know much ^_^
My bus was coming so I did not have time to stand there and read much.

Colmarr

First Post
Lord Nat said:
Spell Book:
You start with one for free and it can hold Daily and Utility spell plus it keeps your known rituals. It comes with a little over 100 pages, and each spell takes one page. Plus rituals take a number of pages equal to it's level.

Hmm. Was there anything saying that the Wizard needs their spellbook to learn spells?

Lord Nat

First Post
Colmarr said:
Hmm. Was there anything saying that the Wizard needs their spellbook to learn spells?

Not that I saw... but I had people looking over my shoulder so I might have missed it.

But it looked like you are fully able to have books with ALL that spells in the PHB that can be in there in a set of books (hell even one book as long as you are careful about your spell) with out batting an eye.

So 3.X wizard fans will be happy to know you still have your silly readying spells in the morning.

Colmarr

First Post
Lord Nat said:
So 3.X wizard fans will be happy to know you still have your silly readying spells in the morning.

Sorry, perhaps I should have been clearer. Let me rephrase. :)

Is a wizard screwed if they lose their spellbook because they're no longer able to prepare (as opposed to "learn") spells?

Lord Nat

First Post
Colmarr said:
Sorry, perhaps I should have been clearer. Let me rephrase. :)

Is a wizard screwed if they lose their spellbook because they're no longer able to prepare (as opposed to "learn") spells?

I don't think so... I think you just lose the spells in the book.

Lord Nat

First Post
Rechan said:
Did you see anything about Implements? What do the Orb and Staff do?

What about Golden Wyvern/Iron Sigil/etc?

No sorry nothing.
I went right to the stuff like the 1st level at wills and things >.<

Remove ads