• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Insert catchy captivating title about new feats]

Land Outcast

Explorer
Instant TS I'd have to think about. Its basically an automatic miss against one attack, but it is a higher prereq feat. I'd suggest comparing it to melee evasion from PHBII, you'll realize that Instant TS is much much much better than that feat.

Instant Kill
You can kill your enemies with a glance
Prereqs: Caster level 18th, Intelligence/Charisma 19.
Benefits: Once per day, up to one creature per character level you possess within 40 feet of you must make a Fortitude save (DC 19+your Int modifier) or die. You gain an extra use of this feat at each character level you gain.

Quicker Than the Eye
You can take important momentum with your body and turn and twist so fast that enemies think they hit you until their blade passess cleanly through the place where you were instants ago.
Prerequisites: Caster level 6th, Intelligence/Charisma 13
Benefit: Once per day as a standard action, you can enter a state in which although you are moving, shifting, twisting, and turning, have enough concentration so as to work almot-perfectly in combat. Attacks against you have 50% misschance, and your own attacks have 20% misschance due to your excessive motion.
This state lasts a number of rounds equal to your character level, you can make use of this feat once per day for every three character levels.

Fluid
You have attained a greater degree of attunement to your physical being and by concentrating can move at great speed, not out of reflexes but out of insight.
Prerequisites: Caster level 6th, Intelligence/Charisma 13
Benefits: Once per day, as a standard action you can enter a state of equilibrium and harmony with your own body, attaining excellent coordination. When making a full attack action, you may take one extra attack with any weapon you are holding. The attack is made using your full attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropiate to the situation. This effect is not cumulative with similar effects.
You also gain a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to Reflex Saves.
This state lasts for one round per character level. You gain an extra use of this feat at every two character levels you gain.

what about that one? Wizards can get them... Wail of the Banshee, Blink, Haste!

Last edited:

JiCi

First Post
Joker said:
Tell me what you think of the following feats. Good, bad, nice, crappy, wonderful? No seriously, I've been staring at a screen for the past 3 weeks so I don't really know what I was writing about after a while.

Note: All the following feats can be taken as fighter bonus feats.

Tower Shield Expert
You wield the Tower Shield as easily as you would any other shield.
Prerequisites: Str 15, Bab +6, Tower Shield Proficiency.
Benefit: You ignore the -2 penalty on attacks because of the encumbrance of the Tower Shield. Additionally, you ignore 1 point of Armor Check Penalty for every 4 points of Bab.

Tower Shield Master
You are a master in the use of the Tower Shield. Your skill has reached such heights that you can take full advantage of the defensive capabilites of the shield whilst still being a threat to your opponents.
Prerequisites: Str 17, Dex 13, Bab +11, Tower Shield Proficiency, Tower Shield Expert.
Benefit: When employing the shield as cover, you can still make a single attack at -5 penalty. Also, you still threaten and are able to to make attacks of opportunity whereas your opponents cannot do the same against you because of cover.

Tower Shield Specialization
You are skilled in the use of the Tower Shield, gaining greater defensive benefits from it.
Prerequisites: Str 13, Tower Shield Proficiency.
Benefit: When using the Tower Shield, you increase it's Shield bonus by +1.

Tower Shield Ward
You use your Tower Shield like a wall of steel and wood. When an opponents attempts to draw in close to you, your shield forces him away or foils his attacks.
Prerequisites: Str 15, Bab +8, Tower Shield Proficiency, Tower Shield Expert, Tower Shield Specialization.
Benefit: You apply your Tower Shield shield bonus to your Touch AC and on checks or rolls to resist bull rush, disarms, grappls, overrun or trip attempts against you.
Dude, this is what I was looking looking for ! Thanks !
Most shield feats in the PHII do not apply to tower shields, which I hate...

About Tower Shield Expert: "Additionally, you ignore 1 point of Armor Check Penalty for every 4 points of Bab."... of the tower shield only up to 0, right ?

Aside from that, it's all good.

green slime

First Post
Land Outcast said:
Instant Kill
You can kill your enemies with a glance
Prereqs: Base will save +10
Benefits: Once per day, up to one creature per character level you possess within 40 feet of you must make a Fortitude save (DC 19+your Int modifier) or die. You gain an extra use of this feat at each character level you gain.

Quicker Than the Eye
You can take important momentum with your body and turn and twist so fast that enemies think they hit you until their blade passess cleanly through the place where you were instants ago.
Prerequisites: Base Will +5
Benefit: Once per day as a standard action, you can enter a state in which although you are moving, shifting, twisting, and turning, have enough concentration so as to work almot-perfectly in combat. Attacks against you have 50% misschance, and your own attacks have 20% misschance due to your excessive motion.
This state lasts a number of rounds equal to your character level, you can make use of this feat once per day for every three character levels.

Fluid
You have attained a greater degree of attunement to your physical being and by concentrating can move at great speed, not out of reflexes but out of insight.
Prerequisites: Base will save +5
Benefits: Once per day, as a standard action you can enter a state of equilibrium and harmony with your own body, attaining excellent coordination. When making a full attack action, you may take one extra attack with any weapon you are holding. The attack is made using your full attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropiate to the situation. This effect is not cumulative with similar effects.
You also gain a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to Reflex Saves.
This state lasts for one round per character level. You gain an extra use of this feat at every two character levels you gain.

what about that one? Wizards can get them... Wail of the Banshee, Blink, Haste!

Instant Kill? +10 Base Will save? I can have that at 5th character level! W00t! (Bard 1/ Cleric 1/ Druid 1/Sorceror 1/Wizard 1)
Fluid? at 3rd.

You can't directly compare feats to spells like that.

What I'm really wondering about is this fascination with the tower shield?

Land Outcast

Explorer
Instant Kill? +10 Base Will save? I can have that at 5th character level! W00t! (Bard 1/ Cleric 1/ Druid 1/Sorceror 1/Wizard 1)
Fluid? at 3rd.

Not if you are using fractional Bab and saves, but that's a variant

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Joker said:
Mageslayer
Through much training you have developed an effectice technique to harass spellcasters.
Prerequisites: Int 13, Bab +4, Spellcraft 4 ranks
Benefit: When you threaten a caster (any caster) who is trying to cast defensively, you add your base attack bonus to the Concentration check DC. Additionally if you identify the spell being cast you add 2 to the DC. You also gain a +1 on Will saves against spells and spell-like abilities.

I like this one, except I would drop the bonus to Will saves and maybe lower the penalty to the DC to 1/2 BAB (rounded down) - but I would also lower the Spellcraft ranks needed to 1+.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
green slime said:
Fluid? at 3rd.

You can't directly compare feats to spells like that.

With a nigh-useless character class combination and an Intelligence-based ability, I'm sure you'd be the talk of the town -- a one-shot wonder if I've ever seen one.

green slime

First Post
CRGreathouse said:
With a nigh-useless character class combination and an Intelligence-based ability, I'm sure you'd be the talk of the town -- a one-shot wonder if I've ever seen one.

You are missing the point... Try again.

Arkhandus

First Post
CRGreathouse, I think you're overlooking the fact that the character mentioned would be able to instantly kill 5 enemies at once with a nigh-impossible-to-resist feat. Sure, only once per day, but they get another daily use each level beyond 5th. Well, 6th more like, since they'd have to wait until 6th to get a feat slot to spend on Instant Kill..... What the heck do they need Fireball for at 6th when they can kill 6 rather tough enemies at once? So what if his best attack for 5 levels is Magic Missile, Inflict Light Wounds, or Shillelagh? He has several minor utility spells and skills at his disposal for those 5 levels, still keeping him somewhat useful to the party while he waits to gain Instant Kill at 6th.

Sure Fireball could handle lots of mooks and be cast a few times per day, but Instant Kill would be a fine weapon against the BBEG and his main bodyguards. After 5th-level they just keep advancing as a Wizard and making sure they get the best Headband of Intellect available whenever they can afford it. 18 Int to start, reaches 19 at 4th, so Fort DC 23 at 6th, up to DC 24 at 8th, DC 25 at 16th onward. Plus another 1-3 on the DC depending on what potency of Headband is acquired. And with a Tome of....whatever it was called, they could get an inherant Int bonus further boosting the DC. With tons of daily Instant Kill uses at high level.

So yeah, Instant Kill is overpowered.

I'll comment on the other feats later maybe.

Remove ads