• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insight's Dark Sun: Burning Sands Campaign - IC

Shayuri

First Post
When the tent implodes, Amica's concentration is shattered. She covers her mouth, nose and eyes with her hands and struggles not to panic as the wind roars, and the sand stings like a swarm of angry bees. Sanctuary was needed...there was only one shelter left!

She turns her back on the abominatin and flees towards the gaping black maw of the mine shaft that mars the mountainside.

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Yeah, I can't see Brandis standing and fighting the Thing when the tent has fallen apart either. Scratch his previous action.[/sblock]

Brandis follows Amica in the direction of the mine shafts.

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: No change in action (holding the line), but will make MBA. Cant roll it right now a gping elsewhere.

OOC: I'm interpreting this to mean taking the opportunity attack and using the free action MBA granted by Korg at the same time. Otherwise, you couldn't attack at all on your turn (the THING is well out of range by then). Then, with your own action (there's nothing left to attack that's in range), standing there and doing nothing?

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
The wind and the heat continue to devastate the Rarun camp. Only a few slaves remain in the sandstorm, desperately fleeing the flying sand that bites their skin.

As he runs alongside the others, the noble scion, Horran, says to Zimno, "Listen. I do not know if this is important now, eladrin, but I happen to know of a cache of weapons and armor. It is... out there... in the desert. This is what I was trying to tell you before all that fighting started at the tent."

OOC: At the start of this round, Amica, Brandis, and Zimno are one move action (~30ft) from the entrance to Mine Shaft B. Korg is two move actions away from the entrance.

[sblock=Combat Round Ten]
- COMBAT ROUND TEN -
Initiative Order:
Brandis [15]
Korg [1]
Zimno [1-]
Amica [1--]

- Actions -
BRANDIS
- Endurance Check: FAILS! Brandis loses a healing surge.
- Standard Action: ?
- Move Action: Moves inside Mine Shaft B.

KORG
- Endurance Check: FAILS! Korg loses a healing surge.
- Standard Action: Moves towards Mine Shaft B.

ZIMNO
- Endurance Check: FAILS! Zimno loses a healing surge.

AMICA
- Endurance Check: SUCCEEDS!
[/sblock]

Brandis moves as fast as he can into the mine shaft to wait out the sandstorm.

Korg continues his run for the mine entrance.

Zimno grunts non-committally. "We must survive the storm first, if it is afar. Then kill any of Njeer that yet remain." He continues onward to shelter.

Amica coughs and stumbles in the driving sand, then forces her way back to her feet and forwards until she was dimly aware that sand wasn't raising new welts over her skin. It gave her existing welts time to sting and itch; a scant blessing.

She cautiously opened her eyes, and wasn't instantly blinded by a wall of sand. Her skin was red and raw though, and she 'tched' to herself. There methods of healing with The Way, but that had not yet been part of her training.

With her condition estalished, Amica looked around the mine entrance at any others who'd made it that far.

OOC: This encounter remains in combat rounds only until everyone is out of the sandstorm (and no longer making Endurance checks each round). Once you are all in some kind of shelter, we will drop out of combat rounds and you can act in a more freeform manner.

Last edited:

Remove ads