• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insight's Dark Sun: Burning Sands Campaign - IC

Insight

Adventurer
Inside Mine Shaft B

As the former slaves enter Mine Shaft B, they see a vast tunnel burrowed into the mountain face. The entrance is easily 50ft in diameter, rough hewn, but generally round (though with a flat bottom, obviously). Aside from the echoing sandstorm, there is no sound from within the shaft. In fact, it it eerily quiet.

As soon as the slaves get their bearings, they notice dead miners - everywhere. Picks and tools lay scattered around the bodies. There is blood on the ground.

This continues as the shaft narrows, into the darkness 60ft from the entrance.

Walking Dad

First Post
Korg

"What happened here?" Korg looks around slightly shocked. "I need some time before I can go farther. Some of us got wounded, too. Whatever did this, is here, too. Anyone Can/wants to use this? You know me, I never used it." Korg says and asks, pointing at the scrooge at his side.

[sblock=OOC]
Would like to take a short rest to regain the ability to heal.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Korg Wellspeaker
Perception: 19 Insight: 14 Low-light Vision
Level: 1 XP: 250
AC 13 Fortitude 12 Reflex 13 Will 15
Initiative: +0
Hit Points: 30 / 30 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 2 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 7 / 8
At-Will Powers: Telekinetic Grasp, Call Spirit Companion, Spirit's Wrath, Spirit Infusion, Haunting Spirits
Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit 0/2, Speak with Spirits, Spirit of Athas, Scorching Sand, Dwarven Resilience
Daily Powers: Cleansing Wind of the North

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
"Look for food...water...may be here a long time" she says vaguely.

"I wish I knew how long this storm will last. We can't stay here long; I don't think much in the way of supplies was kept in the mines. I suspect we'll need to scavenge what we can and move on."
Brandis said.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The tall eladrin breathes in and then out, releasing a burst of cold air. He seems more steady. He quickly turns to the nobleman. Where is this cache of weapons and armor? Out there far, or in here?

OOC: Will spend HS to get up to full.

Insight

Adventurer
The tall eladrin breathes in and then out, releasing a burst of cold air. He seems more steady. He quickly turns to the nobleman. Where is this cache of weapons and armor? Out there far, or in here?

"It's out there, in the desert," Horran replies. "Near a pair of horse skeletons. I'd say ten minutes from here, at the most. I could lead you... us... there... if you want."

Horran looks around the cavernous mine shaft and out into the nearly sideways-blowing wind and sand outside. "I can see why maybe we should stay inside."

Shayuri

First Post
Amica freezes in place on seeing the dead miners. Gingerly she steps close to one, and there's a hissing noise like a quick rush of air. In her hand appears a long rod of indeterminate substance. She uses the utensil to poke and prod the miner's body, trying to reveal its wounds so she can see how they died...by tooth and claw, weapon, or some kind of impact.

Insight

Adventurer
Amica freezes in place on seeing the dead miners. Gingerly she steps close to one, and there's a hissing noise like a quick rush of air. In her hand appears a long rod of indeterminate substance. She uses the utensil to poke and prod the miner's body, trying to reveal its wounds so she can see how they died...by tooth and claw, weapon, or some kind of impact.

OOC: Make a Heal check if you (or anyone else) want to determine the cause of death. Generally, they seem to have been attacked by something.

If anyone wants to search the immediate area, make a Perception check.

Walking Dad

First Post
Korg

Korg looks around again, trying to discern what happened. And he tries to renew his contact to the primal spirits!

[sblock=OOC]
short rest to regain the encounter powers.

perception check below.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Korg Wellspeaker
Resist:
At-Will Powers: Telekinetic Grasp, Call Spirit Companion, Spirit's Wrath, Spirit Infusion, Haunting Spirits
Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit 0/2, Speak with Spirits, Spirit of Athas, Scorching Sand, Dwarven Resilience

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Korg and Amica examine the dead miners' bodies, the psion using her mental powers to summon a rod of force to push and prod, while the shaman calls upon the ancient spirits of Athas to determine exactly what happened in Mine Shaft B.

Amica sees claw and teeth marks on the bodies. There are also wounds from some sort of piercing weapon. The killing blows seem to have come from the piercing weapons and many of them are from behind.

As he calls upon the ancient spirits, Korg feels an eerie presence in the tunnel. It seems to call to the shaman from beyond.

[sblock=Korg]They came to take the heart, but failed to penetrate my defenses. The heart remains, but the guardians are now free. Beware, shaman. They come for you. They come for all of you.

Seven icons must be replaced. Only then will things be put right again. You must not delay. It will only get worse...
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Korg

"Ungh..." Korg sinks down on one knee, a bit overwhelmed by the contact with the spirit world.
"I got a ... vision. The guardians are free. They are coming for us! Seven icons must be replaced!" He nearly calls out the last words, wild eyed.

Calming a bit down, he adds: "We have to be prepared. This will get worse..."

[sblock=OOC]

Great, now Korg is acting like some crazy prophet from a horror B-movie ;)

stats assume I was able to regain encounters..

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Korg Wellspeaker
Resist:
Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit 2/2, Speak with Spirits, Spirit of Athas, Scorching Sand, Dwarven Resilience

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads