Insight's Secret Wars - Issue #1 (IC)

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: oh lol, I didn't mean Optic was going to try to use their senses, I meant 'running it by them', as in talking/describing it and getting their input.

"Amazing.. Perhaps we should hide the villagers on the off chance they haven't noticed us yet."

“Any ideas? Or shall we call this another 'wait and see what happens' moment? On second thought, could this be related to the radiation burns?”

"My thoughts as well.."
Optic returns his attention to the ship, studying it intently, and he approaches the more science-oriented supers (From both teams) to tell them about the 'cosmic radiation' while he does so.

OOC: What can Optic tell about the ship? Can his x-ray vision penetrate the hull and give him a glimpse at what's inside? Does his microscopic/analytical vision tell him anything about the makeup of the hull? Can he detect any power sources, not-so-visible weapons, propulsion system, cameras/scanners? Are there any Radio signals coming from it? (He doesn't so much 'see' the last one, but can still monitor them with his tech)
Does he detect the same radiation on the villagers?

With his extended vision the ship is the equivalent of ~50 feet away, so should be no problem distance-wise.
Also remember Optic processes visual information 10X faster than normal people, and between that, Eidetic Memory, Quickness 1, and an Int of 5, he should have no problem describing the cosmic radiation (And what he picks up from the ship) while studying it.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Optic returns his attention to the ship, studying it intently, and he approaches the more science-oriented supers (From both teams) to tell them about the 'cosmic radiation' while he does so.

OOC: What can Optic tell about the ship? Can his x-ray vision penetrate the hull and give him a glimpse at what's inside? Does his microscopic/analytical vision tell him anything about the makeup of the hull? Can he detect any power sources, not-so-visible weapons, propulsion system, cameras/scanners? Are there any Radio signals coming from it? (He doesn't so much 'see' the last one, but can still monitor them with his tech)
Does he detect the same radiation on the villagers?

With his extended vision the ship is the equivalent of ~50 feet away, so should be no problem distance-wise.
Also remember Optic processes visual information 10X faster than normal people, and between that, Eidetic Memory, Quickness 1, and an Int of 5, he should have no problem describing the cosmic radiation (And what he picks up from the ship) while studying it.

[sblock=Optic]Analyzing the hull, Optic is not sure about its composition. It appears to be an alloy he has not seen. It has trace elements of iron and silica, but some other materials he has not encountered before. It would require more study to know for sure.

With his x-ray vision, Optic can see through the hull. He sees a bridge area, with dozens of robots that seem to be doing the piloting. He has seen these robots before. The design is eerily familiar. With his Eidetic Memory, he realizes that these were very likely created by the villainess, QUEEN CYBORG.

As Optic continues to scan the bridge, just a bit further back, he in fact sees Queen Cyborg. A spiderweb-like system of cables appears to connect her to the ship's consoles and computers.

Optic gets energy signatures from the ventral (bottom) side of the ship. There are weapons concealed there. Hundreds of them. The energy source is cosmic radiation. This matches the burns on the villagers.

The propulsion system gives off the same signature. The ship's engines, however, are not currently "engaged". It's almost as if the vessel is "gliding" on air currents, which should not be possible for an object of that size.

As Optic continues to look for clues, he notes several areas inside the ship that are blocked to his x-ray vision.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Galen Knight, Nightengale

"Whatever else we do, I think we definitely want the locals out of sight," Nightengale says to Blitz's question. "I might be willing to take a chance on letting that thing get closer to us, but I don't think I want to take a chance with the survivors."

[sblock=ooc]FYI: Vacation Notice[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Echo looks over at the Atomic League members, and the villagers.

"Stay with them. Optic, we need to find them shelter. Scan the area for caves, caverns...even if there's no opening nearby we can try to blast through to one. Those of us who can fly..."

Her maglev coils unfurled behind her again, like the metal wings of a bizarre mechanical fairy.

"...we need to buy them some time."

Walking Dad

First Post

"Alright, I will take a look at the inside, maybe I can bring some chaos."
Visitor says, becoming insubstantial and tries to fly to the ship and through its hull.

[sblock=OOC]
The Visitor

---

Conditions: -
Active Array: Intangibility
Hero Points: 1

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +2
Eye Beam +10 Ranged, Damage 9
Unarmed +10 Close, Damage 10

DEFENSE

DODGE 6 FORTITUDE 10
PARRY 6 TOUGHNESS 14
WILL 8

[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
"Be careful visitor, something is off about this vessel."
Optic turns his vision to completing the next task, finding shelter.

OOC:
Think I said it before, but to reiterate, assume that unless Optic is unable to, he shares gained information with the others, so they know what he sees.

Remove ads