Insight's Secret Wars - Issue #1 (IC)

jkason

First Post
Galen Knight, Nightengale

Galen nods. "All right, then. Let's get a move on," he says.

[sblock=ooc]I'm not sure how many people have movement powers. I think at least three of us can fly, but I could be remembering that wrong.[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
The Atomic League members spot Blitz long before she arrives (well, long being mere seconds). Halflife and Lady Nuke (who turns to pure radiation) take to the air. Core stands defiantly before the injured villagers. Meltdown stands beside Core, but doesn't look as defiant.

"Lookee there," Lady Nuke says. "It's Forever Freedom. Or one of them, at least."

Thanee

First Post
Blitz

blitzavatar.png

Blitz takes a relaxed stance, showing that there is nothing to worry about.

“Yeah, hi!” she then says. “Nice to meet you, too.”

“The others are on the way. We heard the voices and saw the huts, and so we figured we go see what's going on. You never know, could have been the villains oppressing the natives.”

“So... need a hand here?”

Insight

Adventurer
Halflife and Lady Nuke land near Blitz.

Core approaches the speedster. "These villagers were attacked by something that burned them pretty badly. I think these are radiation burns. We decided to get them out of their village before it happened again."

"These people are simple," Core says. "They do not even have Earth's level of technology. There's no way these villagers brought this on themselves. I suspect the villains, of course, but why would they attack simple villagers?"

Shayuri

First Post
Echo watches Blitz streak away, and her suit whines and moves, uncovering the superconducting loops of her maglev flight system.

"Something is wrong with this," she says. "If there are injured, why risk moving them away from the village in the absense of attackers? The only reason to relocate them would be to find a more defensible location if one believed an attack was imminent, but we have detected no evidence of other people in the area. Otherwise the village possesses food, water, shelter...things that greatly increase the odds of successful triage."

"I will catch up with Blitz as quickly as possible. She may be in significant danger."

With that the cyborg lifted into the air on a faint blue flare of Cerenkov radiation, and zoomed after her at about twenty feet of height.

Thanee

First Post
Blitz

blitzavatar.png

“How do you communicate with them? Do they understand our language?” Blitz asks.

“Well, radiation sure is your area of expertise, but maybe we can lend a hand figuring out what happened? If you are ok with that.”

Insight

Adventurer
Core half-turns to look at the burned villagers. "True. I was a scientist and expert on radiation. Unfortunately, however, not an expert in the treatment of radiation burns. We are without an M.D."

Lady Nuke approaches. "We don't know WHAT language they speak," she says. "It's mostly gestures and grunts at this point."

Walking Dad

First Post

"She is right, let's move."
Visitor confirms as he takes to the air, extending his hand as an invitation to Optic. His psionic flight will carry both of them swiftly to Blitz.

[sblock=OOC]
The Visitor

I'm not sure everyone could fly either. If anyone needs a lift, Visitor will offer his assistance.

---

Conditions: -
Active Array: Invulnerability
Hero Points: 1

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +2
Eye Beam +10 Ranged, Damage 9
Unarmed +10 Close, Damage 10

DEFENSE

DODGE 6 FORTITUDE 10
PARRY 6 TOUGHNESS 14
WILL 8

[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Galen Knight, Nightengale

[sblock=ooc]I think that just leaves Optic without flight. If Visitor can take him, then I'd think we should be good...[/sblock]

As Visitor offers to give Optic a lift, Nightengale adjusts his suit to expose its glider wings. "All righty, then. Let's go meet the radioactives," he says with a grin. There's a low hum audible as he begins manipulating sound waves, then the wings catch the reverb and the hero rises and begins moving toward the gathering.

Jemal

Adventurer
Optic accepts the lift with a nod of thanks, then uses the slightly raised vantage to try and get a better view of the surroundings while they travel.

Remove ads