Insight's Secret Wars - Issue #1 (IC)

jkason

First Post
Galen Knight, Nightengale

Galen shakes his head.

This is ... weird. But then again, that seems to be par for the course today."

[sblock=ooc]Galen isn't trained in either skill, and I'm assuming the ooc text from the GM post indicates Galen can't hear them, since he didn't switch off the ultra-hearing from when he used it before. If I'm wrong about that and he can hear something, let me know and I'll edit above.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Echo resets her suit to its armored configuration and peers into a few houses, shading her eyes with a hand as she does.

No people. No mounts. No bodies or skeletons. Implication:They've all left. Hypothesis; environmental failure. I'll need to collect more data first.

She walks around the streets, looking for clues as to what happened here.

Insight

Adventurer
"One sec, I'll see if I can spot anybody hiding." Optics eyes glow as he scans the town.
OOC: Activating X-ray vision to check for people hiding inside or underground. Also Optic's got Tracking and Infravision, so he could probably tell if they left recently and which direction.

[sblock=Optic]Using his Tracking sense, Optic can tell that people have definitely been here, recently. There are footfalls and recently-moved debris and dust on the ground. Infravision gives off very feint signatures in front of one of the buildings (Optic's X-Ray vision indicates that the feint signatures are also inside said building).

Based on the evidence Optic can gather here, it seems that some small group recently met a larger group, probably at that building. It seems that they left the village after that, heading vaguely towards a large set of mountains on the other side of the village (some miles away).[/sblock]

Echo resets her suit to its armored configuration and peers into a few houses, shading her eyes with a hand as she does.

No people. No mounts. No bodies or skeletons. Implication:They've all left. Hypothesis; environmental failure. I'll need to collect more data first.

She walks around the streets, looking for clues as to what happened here.

[sblock=Echo]With her Investigation check, Echo determines that all of the buildings seem to be empty. There is evidence to suggest that these are lower tech people, probably with the equivalent of medieval technology. Evidence would also suggest that they fled the place only recently. Dor have been left open, laundry has been left wet on the clotheslines, and so forth.

Behind the two-story building, Echo finds several dozen dead creatures of some kind. These are about the size of a human head, maybe a bit larger. They are reptilian in nature. They could be livestock. Echo is not sure what killed these things.[/sblock]

Galen shakes his head.

This is ... weird. But then again, that seems to be par for the course today."

[sblock=ooc]Galen isn't trained in either skill, and I'm assuming the ooc text from the GM post indicates Galen can't hear them, since he didn't switch off the ultra-hearing from when he used it before. If I'm wrong about that and he can hear something, let me know and I'll edit above.[/sblock]

[sblock=Nightengale]Sorry about that. I didn't realize you still had that going.

Nightengale does not hear anything in the higher registers. With his extended normal hearing, though, Nightengale does hear something very feint, in the distance. This sound could be a large group, moving together. Nightengale thinks that this sound is coming from the direction of the mountains on the other side of the village from whence Forever Freedom entered the village.[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Galen Knight, aka Nightengale

[sblock=ooc]Sorry for not being clearer. Since the other powers have more directed uses, I'll just say he has the super-hearing on unless he actively switches it out to another power in the array.[/sblock]

"Hang on ... I think I hear ... hard to make out, but I think there might be a large group, off that direction," he says, pointing toward the mountains. "It's faint, though, so I can't be entirely sure."

Jemal

Adventurer
"That would agree with what I'm seeing. A small group met up with what I'm pressuming was the large group here, and they went off together towards those mountains, not too long ago. There's still some faint heat signatures, we should be able to follow them if we wish."

Optic's eyes stop glowing and he shakes his head a little as his vision returns to relatively 'normal' (At least for him).
"Which is something I would suggest. The small group that took them away may well be others from Earth, and even if not, we should gather information on this planet and its inhabitants."

Thanee

First Post
Blitz

blitzavatar.png

“Then let's not hesitate and follow them,” Blitz agrees.

Walking Dad

First Post

"Shall we keep together for now, in case the small group were some villains? Or should Blitz do some scouting?"

[sblock=OOC]
The Visitor

---

Conditions: -
Active Array: Invulnerability
Hero Points: 1

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]OFFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]INITIATIVE +2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Eye Beam +10 Ranged, Damage 9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Unarmed +10 Close, Damage 10[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DEFENSE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DODGE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]FORTITUDE [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]10[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]PARRY [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]TOUGHNESS [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]14[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]WILL [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]8[/FONT]
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"The occupants of this town left in haste," Echo reports as she trots back to the others after snooping around. "Or were forced to leave. I've found multiple examples of homes left unsecured, household tasks abandoned before being finished, partially-eaten meals, and so on. Signs indicate this departure was not long ago. There are no obvious signs of violence. Behind the large structure I found the bodies of several reptilian animals."

"I was unable to determine cause of death."

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: I'm going to speed this along and assume that you stick together and try to follow the tracks that were found heading towards the mountains.

The strange astronomy of this world makes it hard to discern day from night. As you travel towards the voluminous mountains in the distance, time seems to pass very slowly. It starts to get dark, like it would on Earth, but the light never quite goes out all the way. At most, the sunlight reflected off the two moons, one closer than the other, sheds enough light to cancel out the loss of direct sunlight.

You guess it is past "dusk" when Forever Freedom's more visually capable members spot a large group of people heading towards the mountains. The group is in the foothills now and they appear to be bedding down or camping. At any rate, the group has stopped among some light cover provided by large, alien trees in the foothills.

Forever Freedom is about 3 miles from the large group at this point.

Walking Dad

First Post

OOC: Using Shapeshift to get low-light, extended vision 1 and Impervious 8 on toughness while tracking. Waiting for the super-sense crowd to gave a signal that they see them and if they can identify the group.

[sblock=OOC]
The Visitor

---

Conditions: -
Active Array: Invulnerability
Hero Points: 1

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +2
Eye Beam +10 Ranged, Damage 9
Unarmed +10 Close, Damage 10

DEFENSE

DODGE 6 FORTITUDE 10