Insight's "The Silent Partner" [1920s] OOC Thread

Allan Coleman - A british actor (not finished yet)

Investigator Name: Allan Coleman
Colleges, Degrees: None
Birthplace: York, UK.
Mental Disorders: Methyphobia - Fear of alcohol.
Sex: Male

Characteristics & Rolls
STR:10 DEX:8 INT:13 Idea:65
CON:5 APP:11 POW:14 Luck:70
SIZ:10 SAN:70 EDU:12 Know:60
99-Cthulhu Mythos
Damage Bonus: +0
Max SAN: 99 Current SAN: 70 HP: 8 MP: 14

Investigator Skills
o Accounting (10%) 10%
o Law (05%) 05%
o Library Use (25%) 25%
o Listen (25%) 38%
o Art (05%): Film actor 40%
o Mech. Repair (20%) 20%
o Medicine (05%) 05%
o Bargain (05%) 05%
o Natural History (10%) 10%
o Navigate (10%) 10%
o Occult (05%) 05%
o Climb (40%) 40%
o Sneak (10%) 30%
o Conceal (15%) 15%
o Spot Hidden (25%) 50%
o Swim (25%) 25%
o Throw (25%) 25%
o Track (10%) 30%
o Credit Rating (15%) 41%
o Own Language (EDUx5%): English 66%
o Cthulhu Mythos (00)
o Disguise (01%) 36%
o Persuade (15%) 70%
o Dodge (DEX x2) 16%
o Drive Auto (20%) 20%
o Photography (10%) 10%
o Electr. Repair (10%) 10%
o Fast Talk (05%) 75%
o First Aid (30%) 30%
o Psychology (05%) 05%
o Hide (10%) 35%
o Ride (05%) 25%
o History (20%) 20%
o Jump (25%) 25%

Firearms
o Handgun (20%) 20%
o Machine Gun (15%) 15%
o Rifle (25%) 55%
o Shotgun (30%) 30%
o SMG (15%) 15%

Wealth:
Total personal property: 15000$
In bank: 1500$
Investment & stocks: 1500$
Available cash: 12000$

History:
Allan is a young poor British that moved to America to try his luck in the American film industry. This is his final chance to do something with himself. If he will not succeed their, there is a good chance he will put an end to his life or will go to be a male prostitute.
Allan is a chubby man, with a nice mustache decoratig his face to preserve an adult look. Not so strong, not too agile, he relies on his poor life experience. He dropped elementry school when he was young and received almost no education. His mother died when he was 10 y'o and his father was a drunken hunter, hunting birds, dear and boars outside in the country side of York, UK.
Allan helped his father to hunt when his father was sober. When his father was drunk and not home, Allen took his father's rifle and horse and went hunting alone. When his father was drunk and home he imagined to be in a fantasy world and played with imaginary friends - that gave him a good experience with playing fictional characters and led him to try his chance in the film industry.
After his father's death by a wild boar (never go hunting while you are drunk) Allen sold the old shack they lived in, gathered his equipment and left to try his luck in America.

Last edited:

I decided to lower his age since my EDU is too low for a growen up 40+ man. So he is a young lad. What about a RG thread for the characters or are we going to keep the characters over here ?

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
I've attached scans of the 1920s prices from the CoC book. I'm going to see if I can scare up any other pricing resources.

Attachments

• COC_1920s_Prices_1.jpg
    COC_1920s_Prices_1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 85
  • COC_1920s_Prices_2.jpg
    COC_1920s_Prices_2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 83

Insight

Adventurer
What about a RG thread for the characters or are we going to keep the characters over here ?

I'm inclined to keep the characters in the OOC thread. As long as the players can find their characters, I think it's easier. - Phooey on this notion LOL

If not, we can use an RG thread instead.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
If you have anything left to do for the morning, please post your actions. Otherwise, we will move to the evening.

Some of you have been invited to the Wilshire Club to meet with George Martin for "water". That is where the next action will take place. If your character is NOT going there, feel free to ignore the next scene or so.

If you have actions you wish to take for the rest of March 31st, especially if your character is doing something other than going to the Wilshire Club (or prior to going to the Wilshire Club), please let me know.

Remove ads