• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Instance of Wizard healing reported

Sir Brennen

Legend
Thought it was interesting that in the recent Keep on the Shadowfell session report, it mentions a wizard using some type of healing - on someone else!

The wizard dropped some key AoEs on the rats, as well as bringing Adam's warlock back from the edge of death.
Now, I know it's been mentioned that all classes will have some limited healing. I just was under the impression that for most, it would be in the form of self-heals. In the past, many people thought wizards should have access to some healing magic, or come up with "white wizard" type variants who do, though less than the cleric. Think that's finally come to pass?

Cryptos

First Post
While we don't know all the details (for all we know, this could be a wizard that took a Class Training: Cleric or Class Training: Warlord feat to gain some extra abilities) it's not beyond the pale.

Healing doesn't mean dial-a-prayer any more. Leaders like Warlords are evidence of this. And as there is some overlap (Warlocks are presumed to have a few controllerish abilities in addition to blasting and Wizards are presumed to still have magic missile/scorching ray type striker abilities in addition to controlling, for instance) it doesn't seem unreasonable that there is the potential for overlap in all areas.

The cleric isn't the heal-bot any more. They have things to do as well, so it's not like anyone else would be stomping on their toes by picking up some healing ability. There's simply no reason to keep healing squarely in the hands of clerics and the divine any more. Everyone has something else that they can do, the cleric isn't needed to heal.

Khuxan

First Post
It could be that he used a potion, the Heal skill, Clerical Training or a wand of healing and UMD but I agree it looks like wizards can magically cure damage.

Jack99

Adventurer
Cadfan said:
Until I see other evidence, I'm assuming it was a potion.

It's a obviously a potion or some non-magical skill, but it is there to confuse us and give us something to talk about, while we wait...

chitzk0i

Explorer
hazel monday said:
Wizards can already cast healing spells in 3.5. If they can do it in 4th, it won't be a big deal.
I'm... not sure what you're refering to. Do you mean that feat from Complete Divine that let you cast spells from a particular domain?

hazel monday

First Post
chitzk0i said:
I'm... not sure what you're refering to. Do you mean that feat from Complete Divine that let you cast spells from a particular domain?

That's the one. Unless I'm mistaken (and my players are cheating) with UMD, any character can already cast healing spells.

Remove ads