Int for Attack/Damage

Orban Sirgen

Villager
I am currently in a 3.5 evil campaign with higher stats than usual... Roll 4d6, reroll 1s, drop the lowest as usual, but if you roll 4 of the same number you reroll and add it to the total... We also started with 6 magic items rolled randomly from the DMG, and I was lucky enough to get Bracers of Armor +8...
I have a 30 Dex and 32 Int... I decided to start as a human fighter with Weapon Finesse, Combat Reflexes, and EWP (Spiked Chain)... I plan on taking 2 levels of fighter and then swordsage at 3rd for the Shadow Blade feat... After that I will take 2 levels of warlock for Detect Magic at will, followed by another level of swordsage and the admittedly horrible choice of Green Star Adept...
My question is if there is a way to add my Int modifier to attack rolls or, more preferably, to damage... The only ways I can find are 3 levels of swashbuckler, a factotum's Cunning Insight (which requires using inspiration and so is a limited option), or the epic feat Combat Insight... Is there something I've overlooked?

Aelryinth

Explorer
Dark Knowledge Feat, lets you make knowledge checks to add Insight bonuses TH and Damage to your attacks, and those of your allies. It requires a lot of Skill Ranks and is an Intelligence Skill.
Other then that, well, you've got a pretty crazy build. There's a Monk Feat that lets you add Int to AC instead of Wis that you might want to look into...

Orban Sirgen

Villager
We are in a homebrew world without deities... I have no plans on taking any levels of archivist, and Dark Knowledge feats require a separate feat for each additional creature type... As for the monk feat, you are referring to Carmendine Monk, correct? Without deities, I don't know if there are any organizations like the Zealots of the Written Word around...

Aelryinth

Explorer
Then you are pretty much on your own. Really, I think you should just be an Int-based spellcaster, with Archivist being the first choice. With that Dex for your AC, and Int, you will have tons of spells and high Save DC's. Making a melee character with high Dex and INt is kind of self-defeating.
For a note of amusement, you might take a look at the Chameleon PrC.

Remove ads