• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Integrating mechanical tech into the forgotten realms-best supplements?

Mr_Spicoli

Explorer
I would like to integrate gunpowder, and steam machines including technomagic and technomagic golems somewhat into my forgotten realms campaign. I have the PCs travelling around Lantan, and Freeport off the west coast of Chult.

I was wondering what supplement would be the best to use rules and ideas from. I was thinking of using the Iron Kingdoms books, but do I need all three or just one or two (Character guide, world guide and the third is the mech guide).
Or can I use Dragonmech and would that have all I need?

Any info is appreciated.

Voadam

Legend
EN Publishing has both a steam punk and a technomagic book.

I haven't gone through the steam punk one but the technomagic is quite nice. It has tech as a sort of fourth magic type (arcane, divine, psionic, tech) and requires suppresion of natural magic to work (shadow weave in FR?) which keeps tech only in the hands of trained technologists (similar to scrolls, wands, and staves being only for casters).

Fantasy Flight Games also has a steam punk sourcebook that is only $5 as a pdf.

Mr_Spicoli

Explorer
Are the En Publishing guides Mechnamancy I & II and the Fantastic Science as good or better then the Iron Kingdoms guides to use to integrate into a Forgotten realms campain as far as rules and character options are concerned?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads