• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Inter-racial breeding - help!

frankthedm

First Post
Sixchan said:

You can't go wrong with Barry White. ;)

After some thought, I've decided not to point out how sick this thread no is given what "Gobbo" means in Glaswegian...

Really? games workshop's goblin nickname of gobbo has a extraneous meaning?

Sixchan

First Post
frankthedm said:

Really? games workshop's goblin nickname of gobbo has a extraneous meaning?

Yep. I'm not sure if Americans use the term "Gobstopper" to mean the same thing as "Jawbreaker", or "gobble" to mean "eat quickly", but perhaps you can figure out the meaning of "gob" anyway.:p

Scarbonac

Not An Evil Twin
#1) Fiendish goblins sounds fine;

#2) You need to set this player on fire. Kerosine of lighter fluid will do nicely.

#3) There is no #3.

[Edit: Left off a frelling # symbol.]

Last edited:

arwink

Clockwork Golem
Voobaha said:
How about flowers? Goblins love flowers. A decorated Rat-on-a-stick works well too.

-snip-

Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll retire to the den and shoot myself.

It's time like these you wonder how long it will take the net community to come up with an acronym for "Bastard, I just spat pepsi accross my computer monitor"

I'd make the decesion based on what you want for the campaign. If the idea of dynasties, especially inter racial dynasties, don't appeal to you then all he's getting are a few hours of cheap pleasure and an entrenching of his evil alignment.

If, however, I was in your situation I'd be making up a new planetouched for just this eventuality. Probably using the tannaruk as the basis, but giving it more stealth based powers. Or I would create a feat based on "Fiedish blood" and give all the goblin descendents of the character the feat. This is, of course, largely based around my love of new planetouched races and a general opinion that in my campaign worlds both goblins and fiends will attempt to breed with anything...

Sixchan

First Post
arwink said:

It's time like these you wonder how long it will take the net community to come up with an acronym for "Bastard, I just spat pepsi accross my computer monitor"

LOLSOP (Lauhing out loud and spurting out pepsi)?
ROTFRP (Rolling on the floor regurgitating pepsi)?
PMM (Pepsied my monitor)?

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Sixchan said:

LOLSOP (Lauhing out loud and spurting out pepsi)?
ROTFRP (Rolling on the floor regurgitating pepsi)?
PMM (Pepsied my monitor)?

My vote would be for the simple, elegant and parallel to the existing LOL: LEL (Liquid Explosive Laughter)

That would avoid the outrage from the Diet Coke crowd (myself among them) as well as any double entendre issues with:

IJHAHM (I just had a hanky moment)

Voadam

Legend
Being standard D&D most humanoids can cross pollinate no problem. I would also suggest fiendish template goblins if you want something easy to stat for the offspring. He is not an actual fiend himself so half-fiendish seems a bit much. Goblins having litters seems fine for generating a large humanoid horde population quickly so that hordes arise despite high mortality rates.

Being evil expect the PC to sacrifice some of the babies if he can finagle any sort of demonic pact.

I'm not sure if AEG's Monster or Bastards & Bloodlines has a specific cross breed for demonic goblins but they might, as might the upcoming Book of Templates.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Sixchan said:

Umm...wasn't the DM the one asking us?

Yes but it is up to the DM to decide what is best for their own game/world/story. They should discuss with player off-line what he has planned. The DM then should evaluate if the want of the player will impact the game, good or bad, and address those actions.

It is a direction I would keep away from the table until I had greater detail, the player who is evil may be just trying to bring forth a demon and needs a number of virgins (they never say of what race) to offer. The DM suspects one thing but it may not be.

Remove ads