Interest Check, TSR Marvel Super Heroes!

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Name: Cyclone
Altered Human

Attributes (180)
Fighting - Excellent (20)
Agility - Amazing (50)
Strength - Good (10)
Endurance - Incredible (40)
Reason - Good (10)
Intuition - Remarkable (30)
Psyche - Excellent (20)

Health 120
Karma 60

Resources - Good (10)

Equipment:
Shotgun, Leather Flying Jacket

Talents 15
Guns (5)
Driving (ground vehicles) (5)
Pilot (aircraft) (5)

Powers (195 total)
Earth Control - Amazing (50)
Air Control - Amazing (50)
Flight - Excellent (20)
Body Transformation (Sand) - Monstrous (75)

Total: 400 points

Updated my original post as you can see here. Removed the leadership trait, raised the Body Transformation from Incredible to Monstrous, and upped his Endurance from Remarkable to Incredible. I believe that when in sand form, Cyclone is thus given 75 points of armor against all attacks except stuff that effects sand, like heat or water. I was also thinking of lowering the Body Transformation to Remarkable along with another ability score by 10 points, and using the leftovers to repurchase the Leadership trait and to bump Earth and Air Control to Monstrous each. What do you think?

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
I dunno what LEadership does in the game rules, but it does seem like a thing one of us should probably have. :)

Though I suppose it's the kind of thing we could develop as we grow into a team too. I'd say it depends on how you see Cyclone's background. Is he a leader?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
So a better question might be what seems more valuable. Monstrous level Body Transformation (Sand), where my character can have Incredible strength, monstrous armor against certain attacks, and elongation attacks or monstrous control air and control earth, but in turn having to reduce my character's Body Transformation (sand) to Remarkable levels or remove my Flight ability (maybe use Control Air for flight?).

The Basic Rules are very different from the Advanced Rules. All power rankings are fixed, the numbers aren't variable. The list of power is nearly doubled in size in the advanced rules. It was a complete overhaul of the rules, a 2nd edition, if you like.

hero4hire

Explorer
The Basic Rules are very different from the Advanced Rules. All power rankings are fixed, the numbers aren't variable. The list of power is nearly doubled in size in the advanced rules. It was a complete overhaul of the rules, a 2nd edition, if you like.
I meant different for Leadership. I have owned all of the versions.

And I wouldn't call it different. Just expanded. None of the established characters used differing rank numbers.
She Hulk 70 ton STR was the same as Thing's 85 ton.

Talents really didn't change either in function just added more of them.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

There's also no stunts. That seems like a departure. In any case, it's not my game. It's Talliw's game and he has said, sometime in the last week, he wants to use the simpler rules. So we have not been using anything at all from the advanced books.

Remove ads