Interest Check, TSR Marvel Super Heroes!

tglassy

Adventurer
Cool. I have 500 points to work with from my previous roll. I’ll look over character gen and think up my hero.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Talliw

Explorer
Ok while we wait tglassy’s characters, a reminder we are T-3days until game start!

And here a few nit picks:

Duece Traveler- Id love to see a bit of background of your character. Also you don’t have to pay double for Body Transformation. So that gives you 40 points to play with. When you spend it, you can put whatever remainder to your Karma total.

Shayuri and jmucchielo: Body Armor in these rules seems to be an always on power, unless one is wearing it. Again I think was a mindset in the old days that it would be for folks like Iron Man or the Thing. Your in game reason can be whatever, graviton residue or mental inference but Body Armor reduces Agility by one rank and as a side effect reduces your Health by the same amount.

I love the backgrounds so far and if you haven’t I’d love a character illustration for those who don’t have one.

Ill be around this weekend to set up an OOC thread, and then I’ll post the IC thread on Monday!

Talliw

Explorer
Although to be fair, in the chain of protections from Resistance to Body Armor to Force Firld, BA is a good general protection; great against physical and worse against more exotic types. But you never have to activate or maintain it. It just is. So a slight agility hit is a small price. And it was probably designed to keep people from just stacking up the defenses to simulate older Marvel Superheroes.

Yeah, but there needs to be something like body armor that can be turned off or force field that doesn't take concentration. I was using Body Armor as Moon's hero id. She is basically naked when it is on. :)

Talliw, you need to create a Rogue's Gallery thread in the Talking the Talk forum so we can easily find the character sheets once the game starts. Once the game starts you also have to edit this thread's first post to change the thread title to "Talliw's TSR Marvel Super Heroes OOC". Speaking of which, we should also come up with a name for the campaign. "TSR Marvel Super Heroes!" is not much of a campaign name.

Ultimately all three threads OOC, RG, and IC would have the same name except for OOC, RG, and IC designations.

Shayuri

First Post
I figure Renata has some lame homemade 'costume' or something she uses. Her TK field protects it along with her, so it's fine to fly around with or get shot with. Tangling with villains in her own weight class will be more problematic. :)

Gravity, TK, and Wind and we all fly. So we need a name that sounds airy or gusty or just invisible or obscure.

The Big Bad Wolves :) We'll huff. We'll puff. We'll tear your house down.

Tempest Fugit - literal a flying storm :)

Maybe I'm overthinking it. The Group. The New Guys.

Of course, tglassy will make a completely non-flying, non-invisible forces manipulator. :)

Although to be fair, in the chain of protections from Resistance to Body Armor to Force Firld, BA is a good general protection; great against physical and worse against more exotic types. But you never have to activate or maintain it. It just is. So a slight agility hit is a small price. And it was probably designed to keep people from just stacking up the defenses to simulate older Marvel Superheroes.

I've been looking at characters known to have body armor and for the most part the game designers cheated:

Hulk: he has a power called Dense Flesh that is Amazing vs physical and Incredible vs energy, he also has alter ego so the point of dense flesh is to get around the body armor limitation against energy damage.
She-Hulk: also has Dense Flesh.
Colossus: has a power called Armored Form that grants him Amazing Body Armor and some resistance powers.
Grey Gargoyle: built with Transformation, wherein he has resistance Incredible vs all damage

Only The Thing has body armor as a power. This tells me they modeled Body Armor on The Thing including Ben Grim's inability to change back and forth like the rest of the FF. And in the revised edition, Body Armor affects all damage equally.

Given how fast and loose the designers were I don't think allowing body armor to turn on and off would be harmful.

Remove ads