Interest Check, TSR Marvel Super Heroes!

Shayuri

First Post
What if being a mutant or inhuman isn't generally public knowledge though? It's not like all the superhumans are mutants, like back in the X-Men days. :)

Talliw

Explorer
I would say generally speaking mutants probably aren’t popular in the MCU. Public knowledge means it’s well known not just family members. So you could be mutant but are hiding it. In the end Popularity isn’t really a major game breaker, so use it to fit your character.

Also I really love the idea of using the MCU. It really depopulates NY of heroes; SHIELD is rebuilding, the Avengers are split up, the FF is a minor player so the field is wide open for you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking more along the lines of being public about it. Being a mutant and having a secret origin would make the -20 for being a mutant weird. But if you were poster boy for why mutants aren't all bad, that -20 should probably apply. And based on the news reporting that Quake is trying to destroy LA, I would think inhumans would be as disliked as mutants use to be. Remember, everyone is an inhuman only because Fox owns the film rights to X-Men. Otherwise, the inhumans would just be a niche human-kree offshoot in self-exile on the moon.

Talliw

Explorer
Ok I misread an earlier post. If we do just the MCU with all the Fox stuff rumor, we could substitute Inhuman for Mutant on the Popularity chart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I gave these world building ideas some thought:

Cosmic Entities - a few months ago, a comet did a near flyby of Earth. Several Avengers were sent out to make sure it stayed clear of the atmosphere. On the comet was a being of pure light who eluded the heroes and came to Earth. For a few days, weirdness happened in several cities and a few new superbeings came into existence. And then a couple days later, the light creature flew off, catching up easily with its comet, and fly off into the darkness of space. (hooks for GM to create new villains (or heroes))

Organization (Law Enforcement) - Normal police departments outside major cities cannot handle super-crime. With the failure to keep the Avengers under control and SHIELD going rogue, rumor has it that a completely non-super team of former special forces operatives is ready to come to the US. Called, Super Training Over Super Luck (STOSL) to emphasize that luck of birth or radiation accidents aren't the source of their abilities, the group will use drop ship technolgy to handle supers run amok in rural areas. (hooks for GM to create a rival team)

Glimpse of the Future - One morning three years ago, a small town in Arkansas suddenly disappeared. The land was totally flat, as if nothing had ever been there. Exactly one year later, the town returned and everyone there was aware of 25 years passing. All the electronics, cars, housing, etc are all advanced by 25 years of technology. The government confiscated all the cell phones but electronics companies have been reverse engineering the holographic display technology. E3 next year might be the announcement for residential holographic television. (just for fun or maybe we'll stumble over why it happened...)

Media & Pop Culture - Part of the STOSL initiative, a television show started airing, telling fictionalized stories of the men and women of STOSL. (pr? why?)

tglassy

Adventurer
Ok, can I un-withdraw from this? I’ve been following it and it just seems like so much fun. I may have some catch up to do, but I can get there...

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Remove ads