Interrogation and Torture Procedure?

Numion

First Post
I don't give bonuses for example to Spot for specific descriptions, but in case of torture I would do so. I think it might even stop the PCs from doing it ;)

FraserRonald

Explorer
Whenever talking torture, it's time for a Nice Guy Eddie quote (sanitized for Eric's grandma)

"If you ****ing beat this ***** long enough, he'll tell you he started the ******* Chicago fire, now that don't necessarily make it *****ing so!"

Count me in for Diplomacy/Intimidate/Bluff vs. Sense Motive. Possibly even D/I/B vs. Willpower. I did a little bit about questioning in Covert Forces, but it's only about 6 paragraphs. That will be included in Covert Forces Redux, but there's not enough to warrant a purchase for the questioning rules alone. Stick with the ideas in this thread, which are excellent (except the whole torture thing!)

Kheti sa-Menik

First Post
I'm not sure what you mean by torture....
if you're talking about more blatant physical methods....shocking grasp on genitals, sharps, blunts, racking, pressing, water or some such.....I would do physical saves and will saves, maybe something with Sense Motive and Intimidate.

If the PCs have the time, I would recommend more esoteric methods...sensory deprivation, time dilation, time distortion...these methods don't involve the immediate inflicting of pain but are designed to wear down the victim over time so that their mental faculties and will to resist are sapped to the point where they are more malleable and susceptible to coersion and questioning. But the PCs may not have the time to do this.

Remove ads