• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Interview with Pramas-chu; or "Green Ronin & DC Interview"

Will there be a followup interview with one of the developers to answer the questions Chris will respond with "I don't know exactly how the developers will address that."?

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
Some of these questions have been answered by designers commenting on RPG.net or the Atomic Think Tank:

If the DC game is 'based on' M&M, will the first book they intend to publish be a whole new rulebook?

It's a standalone rulebook.

What version of the DCU are they planning to base their game in (who's Batman, etc).

It sounds like they intend it to be somewhat 'contemporary' (they had to work with Blackest Night being published during development, for example) with guidelines for any era. That's based off of . . .

And following on from that, if they're going to be totally up to date, do they intend to produce rules for older heroes / villains who've fallen by the wayside?

It sounds like the writeups will be contemporary or iconic with the traditional M&M 'variants' suggestions for changing. Catman, for example, is being written up as he currently stands but with notes on 'here's how to power him down and adjust him if you prefer the more buffoonish version' and Dr. Fate, similarly, as Aaron Sullivan described it on the ATT:

One of my longer entries, and one of my big names, was the good Doctor. I statted Kent Nelson at the iconic peak of his powers, his raiments, and the Tower of Salem. I discussed how to adapt his stats for his successors except for Fate (Jared Stevens), who was different enough to warrant his own stats, which I also included.

Dr. Confoundo

First Post
I'd like to know if there's going to be any linkage between the M&M books and the DC Online MMORPG that's coming out at about the same time. Will there be hints on how to create the MMO powers using M&M mechanics?

tonpa

First Post
As there will be both DC Adventures Hero book AND M&M 3e Hero Book; what are the main selling points to get both. :)

Cheers

-Tonpa

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads