• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Interview with Pramas-chu; or "Green Ronin & DC Interview"

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Chris Pramas has kindly agreed to an interview next week regarding - well, I'm sure you can guess! But in case you missed it, Green Ronin has signed a license with DC Comics.

Green Ronin Publishing announced today that it has signed a licensing agreement with DC Comics and will be releasing the DC ADVENTURES RPG book this August. The game is based on Green Ronin's Mutants & Masterminds, the leading super-hero RPG in the tabletop gaming world.

"It is DC's 75th anniversary this year and I'm delighted we can help celebrate it by bringing the DC Universe back to the roleplaying hobby," said Green Ronin President Chris Pramas. "The team-up of the DCU and the creators behind Mutants & Masterminds will create an unstoppable force of great gaming!"

The DC ADVENTURES game will consist of four books, each done in full color and beautifully illustrated by top comic artists. The line launches in August with the DC ADVENTURES Hero's Handbook. Following it will be Heroes & Villains, Volume 1 in the fall. Then 2011 will see the release of Heroes & Villains, Volume 2 and DC ADVENTURES: Universe.

Got any questions you'd like asked? Post 'em here! I don't promise to ask it, but I'll certainly read through this thread several times before I put the interview together.

[EDIT - I'M REMOVING GENERAL COMMENTARY FROM THIS THREAD. IF IT'S TO BE OF ANY USE, LET'S STICK TO QUESTIONS, PLEASE FOLKS. THERE'S ANOTHER THREAD FOR GENERAL COMMENTARY.]

Last edited:

Is the Wildstorm properties a part of the license?

Will some of the more obscure heroes/villians of the DCU be represented in the two Heroes and Villians books?

What does "based on M&M" actually mean? Is this a new version of M&M specifically for DC Adventures?

obiwansolo18

First Post
Will it be like Justice League based or more freedom to do what you want?

Will it involve all of the alternite DC universes?

Will Green Latern characters have some kind of limit and not be basically unstoppable?

talwynor

First Post
DC Line and adventure support

somewhat related to the earlier question regarding the continuing of the relationship - will adventures be published?

Kafen

First Post
Superlink Central -- MutantsAndMasterminds.com Will the new license include a license similar to the Superlink license?

Do the second edition and first edition M&M Superlink license options end with the new edition?

In regards to fan material, the Atomic Think Tank hosts many DC conversions. Will GR remove the fan conversions from early editions from it's site?

Nightson

First Post
Given that the system is based off Mutants and Masterminds I imagine that you guys have areas where you think the system could be improved. Could you give an example of a mechanical issue you perceive with the original system? And I know it's less likely, but perhaps how you plan to deal with it?

darjr

I crit!
Can you discuss how this came about? Did the DC folks approach Green Ronin? If so, how did they know about Green Ronin? If not, how in googly moogly did Green Ronin folks get in touch with DC folks?

Have any decisions been made about artists and art? Is there a short list of artists from the comics working on the books? Who are they?

How long have you been keeping this secret? How have you kept this secret?

What work has been done already?

You need play testers. When do I start? :)

Are folks at Green Ronin able to add to DC cannon? As a playtester, how much can I modify DC canon?

Can we get a preview? Just for us?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads