• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Into Khybers Gate

Knight Otu

First Post
"Bearded, well groomed, finely clothed, though the clothes seemed simple at first glance. Smelled of some kind of fragrant oil, I believe. Pretty sure he was human, though."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The waitress drops off your drinks and continues circling the tables. As you survey the bar you can't see anything that draws your attention. The band continues playing for a few more minutes before stopping to take a break. Surprisingly you do see two or three humans while you're in there but you realize you never saw them come in. There must be another entrance in the back that is sized for them.

Outside
[SBLOCK]
Bloodtalon sees people come and go but nothing out of the ordinary. Eventually you spot the older gnome exit the tavern and rejoin the others at the card table. The rain is starting to let up but still pattering here and there.
[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
Bloodtalon will watch the old man at his card game to see if he gives any signs of doing anything but playing cards (such as looking towards where their contact went, or the like).

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Outside:
[SBLOCK]
The old gnome continues playing his card game with the others and seems pretty involved. He looks up from time to time to glance at people as they pass by the bar.
The house that your contact entered shows no lights in the windows that you can see from here. There is no sign of activity coming from within.
[/SBLOCK]

The handful of humans in the bar look like average folk. They are not overdressed, nor bejeweled and seem to be regulars by the way the others treat them. The ceiling is high enough to accommodate them as long as they don't bump into the hanging lights. You see one drunk fellow stumble from his seat and disappear towards the booths in the back.

byronhicks

First Post
I say we follow him. I'm curious to see what's in the back..

Johanel takes a deep drink from his ale. It's almost if he is trying to bolster his courage a bit.

Knight Otu

First Post
"I'm on it." Sedar replies, quickly scanning the room if he can use searching for the outhouse as an excuse if he is accosted. "Might be better if you stay for now. One person is less visible than two."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Sedar slips from his seat and meanders his way towards the back of the bar. There are more booths here along the walls, some with curtains that can be pulled for more privacy. Around the corner of a partition Sedar spots a long corridor lined with booths. At the far end is a man-sized doorway. The man you were following opens the door revealing a rain drenched alley. After the door closes there is a brief lull in the ambient noise and you hear something familiar. From one of the privacy booths comes a pair of hushed voices, one of which sounds familiar.

OOC - Move Silent and Listen check if you want to investigate.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads