Into Khybers Gate

SelcSilverhand

First Post
R4 Recap
Sedar's shot misses his target, but Bloodtalon's bolt strikes a solid blow on another assassin who cries out in pain. Johanel draws his bow and starts to load it.

R4
Crei yanks one of the bolts free from his leg before swinging his weapon at the figure in front of him. He cuts a long bloody swath across his opponents chest. In turn he takes another wound as the assassin returns the blow. The archers fire a volley, this one aimed at your party but none of them come close to hitting you.

R3
Initiative Order:
Crei 23: - (Attacking) -21hp
Assassins: 22 - (Attacking) A1-8hp. A2-dead. A3-10hp. A4-0hp.
Sedar: 12 -
Johanel: 7 -
Bloodtalon: 3 -

Map
[SBLOCK]
Code:
 #  #
 #[COLOR=Green]A[/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrange]A[/COLOR]#
 # X#
 #  #
 #  #
 #[COLOR=Red]A[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue]A[/COLOR]#
 #C #
 #X #
 #  #    
 #  #####H###########
 #  SJ               
 #X B            X   
 ########H###########

A = Assassin
C = Crei
X = Debris
S = Sedar
B = Bloodtalon
J = Johanel
H = Doors
[/SBLOCK]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
R5 Recap
Both Sedar and Bloodtalon's bolts miss their marks, but surprisingly Johanel manages to score a hit with his own bow. His bolt drops the already grievously wounded attacker.

R6
Crei scores another wicked cut on his opponents chest. The remaining archer in the back calls out some words in halfling tongue. The attacker in front of Crei hisses and withdraws back while the archer provides covering fire.

Initiative Order:
Crei 23: - (Attacking) -21hp
Assassins: 22 - (Withdrawing) A1-11hp. A2-dead. A3-dead. A4-0hp.
Sedar: 12 -
Johanel: 7 -
Bloodtalon: 3 -

Map
[SBLOCK]
Code:
 #[COLOR=Red]A[/COLOR] #
 #[COLOR=Green]A[/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrange]A[/COLOR]#
 # X#
 #  #
 #  #
 # [COLOR=Blue]A[/COLOR]#
 #C #
 #X #
 #  #    
 #  #####H###########
 #  SJ               
 #X B            X   
 ########H###########

A = Assassin
C = Crei
X = Debris
S = Sedar
B = Bloodtalon
J = Johanel
H = Doors
[/SBLOCK]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Crei looks ill inclined to chase down the retreating assassins. He takes cover behind the debris next to him and pulls a red striped flask from inside his vest. After he downs the contents the color returns to his face though he still moves a bit stiffly. The assassins make good their escape, moving away until they round a corner and vanish.

Crei turns to regard the your group. "Thank you for your assistance. Without your help I doubt I would have been able to stand against them. Jaman must be getting desperate to send a team after me."He prods the nearby dead assassin with his toe. You have a chance to get a better look at the body. The assassin is a halfling, wrapped completely in black cloth over well oiled leather armor. A shortsword lies nearby and attached to his wrist is a small hand crossbow. The other body farther down the alley looks similar but carried a larger crossbow. Crei looks back at you, suddenly remembering your prior job. "I did not expect to see you so soon. My lookout who was waiting for you at the station reported that there had been no sign of your return. Did you meet with success in the depths?

Erekose13

Explorer
"We had quite a bit of difficulty with our Chemist friend. He would not part with his formula and had the threats to back it up." replies Bloodtalon. This was not the position he wanted to be in, though he is glad that their employer is not angry at them showing up stalking him (yet).

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"Gods below, then he's alerted to the fact we're after the formula? He'll be even more paranoid and guard it zealously. We may have lost our chance to shut down his operation. It'll take some fine planning to pry it away from him now. However this is no place for these discussions." He gestures at the rain slick alley around them. "I suggest we clear out these bodies and find someplace we can talk."

Remove ads