Into Khybers Gate

Erekose13

Explorer
As he moves the bodies, Bloodtalon will take the time to search them. He'll be looking more for identities rather than loot, though he wont hesitate to take something that looks valuable. Provided the weapons just look normal he'd leave them.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Loot
[SBLOCK]
Of note, one of the assassins wore a pendant on a chain around his neck. It has a goats skull over a silver shield with twin cobras rising from either side. It is set with two purple gemstones over the snakes and two red gemstones, one larger than the other, at the top and bottom of the shield. You estimate its value at 50gp.

Each of the Assassins carried a variety of useful items.
Masterwork Thieves' tools x2
Caltrops x3
Tanglefoot bags x1
Both are also wearing black clothes over standard leather armor. One had a small swortsword and the second carried a small light crossbow.
[/SBLOCK]

Once you are done going over the bloodied bodies for anything useful, you help Crei move them off to the side behind a pile of refuse. For once you are grateful for Sharn's rain as it helps wash the blood from your clothing. On your way out of the alley Crei says that he will notify the city watch anonymously that there are bodies there, "However I doubt they will stay there. Once their associates learn that they've failed they'll be quick to clean up the mess. The Boromar clan hasn't survived this long by being sloppy." He leads you quickly away across several towers and bridges until you are a good distance away from the ambush. He constantly checks over his shoulder for any more signs of being followed. When he is finally satisfied it is safe, he takes you down a dizzying maze of streets to a rundown old building. The faded sign out front is barely legible as an former orphanage. The door is locked, but Crei reaches up above the frame and presses on a loose board. There is an audible click inside and the door opens . Inside the front rooms are rundown and covered in dust. There are a few broken tables and chairs but obviously nothing serviceable. Crei leads you farther into the building to a back room that is not visible from the main entrance. At the back you come to a large room free of dust and cobwebs. Crei lights an oil lamp and reveals a well kept room with several beds, chairs, and cabinets. Opening one of the cabinets he withdraws a glass bottle sloshing with amber liquid. After pouring each of you a glass he flops down unceremoniously in a chair and sighs loudly. "We've got a lot to cover tonight, but there is one thing I'd like to know first. How did you know the assassins were coming for me tonight? When I saw you following me on one side and spotted the assassins on the other I thought I was done for sure, caught in a tight trap. Then when I saw you were there to help, well, again thank you. So how did you come to be in the alley?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"We had been looking for you. We missed the contact that we were supposed to meet but managed to track you down. When we discovered you out here we thought it best not to sneak up on you unawares and decided to follow till you were in a more public location to approach. Thankfully we were here when the assassin's jumped you though. It seems that our chemist really does have the backing of the Boromar as he said. I don't know that it will be possible for us to obtain that formula at all." says Bloodtalon, bluffing his way past the difficult question.

Knight Otu

First Post
Sedar, who would have preferred to remain unseen, is content with letting Bloodtalon do the talking. He silently helps with the bodies, fastening his scarf subconciously, and takes in as many details of the hideout as possible. "Which of course leads to..." He interjects however as Bloodtalon states his last sentence. "What if we aren't 'us'? Deception, crossfire, occupy him otherwise. in that part of town, anything can happen. It just might need a ...catalyst."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC
[SBLOCK]
Just as a point of clarity, Cask is a member of Daask, an organization of violent criminals. They are known for their brutal methods and terror attacks. Their numbers include many monstrous humanoids, primarily goblins and a few recruited humans. They are enemies of the Boromer Clan. They are a relatively new organization.

The Boromer clan is more like the Mafia. Anyone that wants to be a thief in this town has to pay their dues to the clan and follow their rules or find themselves being rubbed out. They've been in Sharn for a long time and have their hands in everything. The upper echelons are entirely made up of halflings, though any race can join as members.
[/SBLOCK]

Crei nods his head as he listens to Bloodtalon's version of events. "Indeed, I am lucky you were there to aid me. You have my thanks." He turns and regards Sedar after he states his idea. "I think you have struck upon a great idea, in fact, we might be able to kill two birds with one stone. The Daask and Boromer Clan are enemies. While the Boromer Clan is large with numerous resources, they cannot move about Khyber's Gate freely and thus are hindered in their efforts to wipe out the Daask. If we leak information to both sides and draw them to a single place, their fighting will provide all the distraction we need. To draw out Cask, we will tell his informants that the Boromer Clan plans to raid his next shipment of Dragon's Blood. We will then go to the Boromer Clan and tell them about the shipment. We can leak the information that part of the formula to make it inert and undetectible is with the shipment, that will draw them there for sure.
While it will not wipe out either side, the losses will be heavy on both sides and they will feel the sting."

Erekose13

Explorer
"It might be possible to pit Boromar versus Daask and step in to steal the prize as it were. Where do we fit in? I know that we work for you, but is there some agency behind us? Or merely an interested alchemist. You don't fit the bill of a researcher. I think it might help if we knew more about for whom we were setting up the two major crime lords against one another." asks Bloodtalon.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"I suppose I owe you that much for saving my life. You are correct, I am no researcher or alchemist. I am a member of the Dark Lanterns. I serve the nation of Breland with my life. My division is tasked with protecting the stability of the nation and eliminating any threats to her people. Several months ago the drug Dragon's Blood began appearing in Sharn. Normally, illegal substances like this first make their way through the lower classes and moves but this new one was being secretly sold primarily to upper class citizens. It has unusual, powerful effects on beings with innate magical abilities and dragonmarks. There have been some unusual deaths we think are associated with it. Beyond that, we know little about the drug. We don't even know how it is made or who is making it. My only source is Cask. I know that he is bringing it into the city in a form we can't detect, which is why I need to know what he is doing to it. Once we know that, we can better trace his shipments and find out who is creating it and why.

I need your help in this. There are... creatures in Khyber's Gate that know my scent too well so I cannot go myself. I need you for this mission. Without your help we cannot stem the influx of this drug."

Erekose13

Explorer
"We will go, now that we have a plan. I must admit for myself that knowing a bit more of who we are working for makes this much easier for me to do. As someone who has seen the horrors drug addiction has worked in my own Malleon's Gate I'm much happier knowing that I'm working to prevent the spread of the drug rather than potentially delivering it into the hands of the Boromars. If things go sour can we count on any support from the Lanterns?" asks Bloodtalon.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"I have few trustworthy eyes and ears down there, so it is unlikely I would be able to get aid to you if you find yourself in a battle. The best that I can do is secure an escape route for you where the two groups will not think to look. I have some supplies and can help you create disguises if you are concerned about being recognized again. Remain inconspicuous and you should be able to slip in unnoticed while the two groups are fighting."

Remove ads