Into Khybers Gate

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: the 8th level or above is a cap on the amount of time xp you get. its to slowly decrease the importance of time based xp in favor of traditional methods

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The rest of the evening passes quickly as you busy yourself preparing disguises, refining the plan, and getting some much needed rest. It is mid-morning when you finally awake and finish your preparations. Crei gives you each a letter, one for the Daask and one for the Boromar Clan. Each contains information to lure the opposing sides to the same place on the same night. Crei tells you that you can find him the Bountiful Cup, the same inn where you trailed his contact to though he shows no signs of realizing that you had been there before.
With all your preparations made, he wishes you good luck before disappearing down another street. You have most of the day ahead of you. You have time to take care of any business of your own or seek out your contacts right away.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
What do you want to do with Johanel? He can either follow Sedar or wait somewhere to follow you down to Cask's shop after you've finished with your contacts.
[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: leave him behind during the contacts, meet him at the shop when we go to ambush it. we don't have any funds yet do we?

EDIT: oh yeah both Bloodtalon and Sedar have been approved for 2nd.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
It takes the two of you most of the day to find your meeting locations.

Sedar
You set out with confidence towards the Middle Menthis Plateau. Nearly every halfling that visits the city comes here at some point either while emigrating, visiting family members, or just to try out authentic Talenta cuisine. The air around the tower is filled with flapping wings as halflings on glidewings race through Sharn's towers whooping and cheering. When the halflings choose to travel on foot, some of them choose to use the traditional clawfoot mounts. These dangerous looking dinosaurs wear special harnesses and saddles for riders. Many of them wear muzzles and have leather guards over their scythe-like toe claws for safety. You wend your way through the busy crowds checking building after building until you find the Glidewings Perch. It is on the edge of one of the towers and boasts a large landing and stable area for flying mounts. Inside it is busy, but seems to be winding down as the midday meal rush slows down. You see two halflings behind the bar. One is busy cleaning and refilling glasses, while the other appears to be sleeping in his chair leaned against the wall.

Bloodtalon
You make your way down the towers to the base of Sharn as you close in on your destination. Down here are the dregs of Sharn. The districts are largely rundown slums where the poor, the beggars, and the thieves call home. Some of them don't even live here, but come up from the Cogs in search of money or food. Your time in Sharn has taught you to avoid the worst areas and you do your best to move quickly through and not draw attention to yourself. Your destination, the Callestan District, is at least in better repair than the places you just traveled through to get here. The inns do their best to draw in travelers with bright lights and freshly painted fronts. Peering in the windows though, you can see the insides are in rougher shape. You wander the streets for several hours until you discover it at last, tucked down a narrow alley. It wasn't the sign you noticed at first, but rather the three hobgoblins in the alley beating up a goblin. Ducking your head and hurrying past, you hop up the steps and enter the inn. Several hobgoblins and goblins lounge about, keeping to their own kind for the most part. You even spot two hulking bug bears sitting at a table near a closed door. A bored looking female hobgoblin is sitting behind a desk looking at an old edition of the Korranberg Chronicle.

Erekose13

Explorer
Feeling more at home amongst the goblinoids, Bloodtalon will go unmasked here. His cloak hood falls revealing his feathered face and long beak. He'll play things low key to start by striding over towards the hobgoblins he'll engage them in small talk.

"Best thing about the Cogs? It don't rain down here."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Sedar
ooc - You have the name of your contact, Rupa the barkeep. But as for codewords or signaling, no I didn't have anything specific for you.

Bloodtalon
The hobgoblins eye you curiously and one speaks up. "Haruuc's Sack, only in Sharn do the chickens talk back!" His fellows laugh uproariously at his joke. Another one pipes up, "What'd you do, piss off some wizard?" They continue laughing at the jokes. From the number of empty tankards around them, you can tell they started drinking early today.

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: same question for Bloodtalon then, who's he supposed to meet.

Bloodtalon smiles, though its an odd sight on his beak. "Actually the sisters are quite fond of my kind, back in Daask we are quite useful to them." then continuing in the first hobgoblin's voice, "Even chickens can have talents unknown."

Knight Otu

First Post
Erekose13 said:
ooc: same question for Bloodtalon then, who's he supposed to meet.
(No specific contact for you, as I recall. I knew the contact I'd have, but since Crei mentioned code words, I figured I'd ask.)

Appearing a bit overwhelmed and disheveled (but his neck and chest tightly hidden from sight by his shirt), Sedar sits down at the bar, looking around seemingly nervous. "Ah, excuse me... I'd like an... an ale, yes."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC
[SBLOCK]
Crei did provide you with letters that contain the details of the raids to be presented to the two organizations when you're "inside" their ranks.
[/SBLOCK]

Sedar
The barkeep wanders over and fills up a mug for you. Since the tavern is starting to quiet down the barkeep lingers nearby to talk. He asks, "You don't have the look of someone fresh off the plains. Do you live here in the Sharn or are you just visiting?"

Bloodtalon
The laughter slowly dies down as the group of hobgoblins all turn their attention to you. One of the larger ones speaks up. "What brings you down here to the dregs then?"

Remove ads