Into Khybers Gate

Knight Otu

First Post
SelcSilverhand said:
Sedar
The barkeep wanders over and fills up a mug for you. Since the tavern is starting to quiet down the barkeep lingers nearby to talk. He asks, "You don't have the look of someone fresh off the plains. Do you live here in the Sharn or are you just visiting?"
"Ah, I ...live here... well, lower than here actually. And if you ...can call it living."

Erekose13

Explorer
"I'd hesitate to call it the dregs, though some in the high and mighty towers might, I find the company here better then up on high. I've recently come into some information that I figured some of fellow Droaamites (?) might be interested in."

ooc: a quick note that my favored enemy is Daask. also I just noticed that I used the word Daask in my last post when I had meant Droaam.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Sedar
The bartender nods knowingly and says, "Yeah, you can say that again. Sharn is a rough place, especially if you're on your own. This bar is a good place to make friends."
You notice as he says this, he tilts his head and holds the glass he is cleaning in an odd three fingered grip. The gesture is subtle but deliberate. He shifts his grip a second later making you unsure you even saw anything to begin with.

Bloodtalon
The large hobgoblin stands up from his chair. He turns to his fellows and says "Watch him." He moves over to the female hobgoblin and mutters something you can't hear. She rises and moves to a door at the back of the room, knocks, then enters. A few moments later she steps out and gestures. The large hobgoblin turns back to you and says "Move." He waits until you pass and then steps in behind you. You feel a sharp point pressing against your back as he walks you to the door and follows you in. The next room is dark, nearly completely black. The air smells bad, like a wet dog. Three large gnolls are crouched around a table. One of them rises and stares hard at you. He sniffs the air to get your scent then leans across the table. "Speak quickly if you value your life."

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
"I have some information that I know would be of use to the Daask, might I assume that I have found the Daask by the dagger pointed at my back?" he says.

Knight Otu

First Post
"That's, ah... what I've heard. Hard to keep friends down there. Can be hard to get out of for some, too." Sedar eyes move around at this point, as if to make sure no one is in earshot, or if anyone followed him, then finishes his ale. "Ah, I think I'll have another ale, Mister...?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Sedar
"Rupa, friend, and my sleepy partner there is Corin. If you don't mind me saying, you seem a bit out of sorts. Having a rough day?" He pours a mug full of cool ale and hands it to you.

Bloodtalon
The gnolls stare at you with distrust clearly written on their faces. The leader says, "There is nothing to be lost in telling you that we are of the Daask, since if you are a spy or a liar, you will be leaving here in small pieces or served up in the next stew." The other gnolls around him bare their fangs in wide grins.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
"Come now why would you say such things? I bring information for fellow compatriots. Something that might hurt the Boromar even." he says ignoring the threats.

Knight Otu

First Post
Sedar lowers his voice. "Ah, good... ah, yes, rough day, you could say. Ah, seems I wasn't followed. I, ah, have a message here..." He starts to get out the letter, a bit slowly, glancing around the room again.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Bloodtalon
The gnoll leader snorts skeptically but after a tense moment says, "We'll hear what you have to say." His eyes flick up to the hobgoblin behind you and you feel the dagger point withdraw from your back. "Speak."

Sedar
Rupa looks at the letter with obvious curiosity. "A message you say? Is it for someone here or are you asking us to hold it for someone? I can assure you that any message you would like to leave would be held with the utmost confidentiality."

Erekose13

Explorer
"I've come into possession the time and location of a delivery that the Boromar will be accepting. The delivery, from what I know, contains a large volume of illegal substance that is moving into Sharn out of the Watch's sight. To keep things quiet the Boromar are using a small number of their agents to bring the shipment in." replies Bloodtalon.

Remove ads