• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Into the Dragon's Lair.

Albedo

First Post
Arthur shrugged nonchalauntly at the thought of what may lurk ahead. "We'd best hope that there is in fact something guarding that lair, and that it is quite formidable. Poorly defended riches, even lesser known ones, rarely stay put long. Now, how much urgency is required for this task? I would like to know if quickness or caution would be more prudent."

sans

First Post
As Brother Odis hears Lady Kestrel's request, the fury melts from his eyes.

Odis accepts her signet and bags of holding and as he does so, he gently holds her hand, "My Lady, we shall undertake this mission in honor of all those who fell in defense of Arabel."

Brother Odis listens to the answers to his companions' questions. But his mind soon starts to wander the dusty roads, rich forests, staggering mountains, endless oceans and dank caverns of past expoits. Adrenaline uplifts his spirits and he takes a deep breath.

To himself, he thinks, "Into the dragon's lair to save a kingom. By Tymora's Coin, that is the stuff of adventure!"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Duthayer frowns as he considers his words. "A dragon's hoarde never goes unguarded for long, the gold would make creatures come out of the walls to claim it. I say we have a great deal of battle ahead us.

"My lady, we consider it an honor to help your belaguered land," Duthayer says with a small bow.

TwistedMindInc

First Post
The noblewoman continues to smile, though her lips are having difficulty keeping their poise. Her eyes have taken on a drooping demeanor and her flesh paling. "Well then, if you have no further questions. There are five horses prepared for you at the gates. You may take them or travel on foot, whichever fits your fancy. Thank you.. and I wish you luck on your adventure."

(If you do not have any other questions for her, Jargen leads you out of the manor to the horses mentioned. Whether or not you decide to take them is up to you..)

hero4hire

Explorer
As the Hulking Manservant led them to thier steeds Absalom spoke up. "If Cormyrean Nobility is anything like Thayan courts this information has already leaked to others. We should be wary of any 'competition'."

sans

First Post
Before taking leave of Lady Kestrel, Brother Odis asks, "My Lady, were there any who perished in the defense of the statue of Tymora?"

If yes, Odis says:
"Then please have someone prepare a list of their names. Rebuild the statue of Tymora with those names engraved upon the base. When I return, I shall consecrate the memorial. They died not for a chisled piece of stone but for an ideal. For those whose families are left without means, send word to the temple of Tymora in Suzail. Tell them I request compensation for the families of the martyrs. Our church is most generous on such matters."

As the party leaves Lady Kestrel's residence, Odis, with a worried look on his face, pulls aside the necromancer, "Hey Absalom, is it ok if I put these two bags of holding into my magic haversack? We won't get sucked into the Astral Plane or anything, will we? Just want to make sure."

[sblock=Edit]
Changed "send word to the temple of Tymora in Waterdeep" to "send word to the temple of Tymora in Suzail".

Suzail is more appropriate because it's much closer to Arabel and it has a big temple to Tymora. I'm a newbie to Forgotten Realms, so if I make any other geographical or historical references that seem to be way off or make no sense, forgive me, Odis would :)

Unfortunately, had to change "is it ok if I put these two bags of holding inside my bag of holding" to "is it ok if I put these two bags of holding into my magic haversack".

See OCC thread, post #67.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Kuma eyes Odis and Absalom, and manages to find an interesting piece of rubble several paces away from the two.

"My home was once a dragon's lair, long long ago," he says as he picks up the piece of granite. "Though I've no doubt they are very different, it may be there are common elements."

TwistedMindInc

First Post
"The statue of Tymora? Why, yes, there was. The head cleric Varish fought bravely in defense of the statue, but the goblins were too many and with the Goddess' clerics spread thin through Cormyr thanks to the raids.. he really did not stand a chance. I will indeed have the statue ressurected."

Albedo

First Post
Arthur slapped Brother Odis on the back playfully. "Always thinking of others, aren't you. Thats why I like you. Now, let us be off. Our idle chatter does little to solve the unwarrented bloodshed that surely lays ahead." Arthur then walked outside, mounting the horse that awaited him.

hero4hire

Explorer
sans said:
As the party leaves Lady Kestrel's residence, Odis, with a worried look on his face, pulls aside the necromancer, "Hey Absalom, is it ok if I put these two bags of holding inside my bag of holding? We won't get sucked into the Astral Plane or anything, will we? Just want to make sure."

Absalom arched and eyebrow under his hood at the Priest's question. "Such experimentation is often unpredictable and at best ill-advised if not suicidal. Even for a faithful of Tymora such an action would be pushing your luck."

Remove ads