Into The Future

Jeajea

First Post
Adrie said:
the person I heard from had been in for over an hour and had attempted to interact but people blew them off.... but whatever. it was just a glimps into the future no telling if what people rp'ed will really happen come said time heh.
I love the idea of doing such. my group has done it many times with our own campaigns.

We'll all have different experiences, of course, but for my part I didn't notice this. In fact, I was a little ignored, but partly because I didn't participate as much as I could. When there's so many names that are new, and you're playing a new name yourself, I found I didn't quite know where to start. On the whole, though, I didn't feel people were in the business of active ignoring. Of course, that only makes your friend's experience all the worse... I guess sometimes that's just how the dice roll. Kind of like Olath said, it's a part of ISRP that's complained about a lot, but in reality it's something that Just Is to an extent. Human nature will always be to seek the familiar. It can be broken out of, but it requires effort and taking a risk. Personally, I do my best to avoid all ISRP politics and I tend not to know who plays who, so I only just characters on their RP (and spelling / grammar / dessy, but I do so love good spelling...).

Right, that having been said, a big thank you to Rain. I enjoyed this greatly. Now I want to run something similar... and you know what it's going to be, right? Anyway, that will wait until my exams are done. Couple months or so.

~Jea

Elf_Ariel

First Post
...chuckles...

Not one uh Ariel's -current- IC friends showed hehehe. I'm jus' lucky Az was there. Even so, it's good for two folks who were once good friends to make up after 15 years...I want his cane though. I'm personally gonna go steal it! I wouldn't rave about it being cliquish. And if you're terribly devistated by the fact that no one'll interact with your character do as I do, nag your friends to come and RP with you. Then again...this may explain why no body likes me XD...kidding kidding. Ahhah, the answer to all 'groupie' behaviour is to have one of your own!

I'll shut up now...before I get myself in trouble.

Khaira

First Post
That's where playing bards - or any character with a musical, dancing, singing, or other type of talent with a flair - can come in handy. You bring the party to the gathering, instead of waiting for the gathering to bring the party to you!

Adrie

First Post
all in all I would love to see another weekend event or something like this again. I have heard good things from others. Not just the bad from one of my friends. And like you said Jea with people playing new characters it did make it hard for people. hehe

I wasn't able to join in on the weekend cause I worked and when I got home I crawled into bed till my alarm went off the next morning for me to back to work... I know others had the same issues of work causing them trouble to be a part of it.

Bari

First Post
If it's gonna happen again, I -plead-: not on weekend! Or at least, make it last weekend and monday, or maybe friday...I can stay almost all day connected on.... how is it called... week days? but saturdays and sundays are bad for me... -especially- sundays.

Rain Cloud

First Post
Alright, I understand this event wasn’t freaking perfect but I threw an idea out there for people to participate in. I’m really happy most of you had fun at it but I’m sorta upset at all the complaining about it. If you didn’t like the idea, then why did you go? You know I sat there most of the time keeping an eye on things to make sure everyone followed the chat's rules and of those who got ignored...you know what I saw? I saw people come in...Looking around, think to them self that they didn’t know anyone and sat down somewhere or left.

I put some effort and time into this and I’m sorry that not everyone liked it or I didn’t get the times right for all of you but you know what...plan your own event then. I never said I was good at making these things and I tried my hardest. I’m really hurt at all this right now, seriously hurt.

Cliqus-ish? So what! That’s how real life is you know, it’s not all perfect and people running up to you saying "Hi I don’t know you lets be friends" no, make an effort to walk over to someone if you want them to RP with you. Show interest in things. Honestly, I’m a social person in real life and when i go out to events in public, I stick to my friends and talk to them because I know them. If I happen to see someone and say hi...and IF we end up talking then more power to me. It’s freaking human nature to stick to yourself and deal with what you know, were all creatures of habit and nothing is going to change that short of evolution or some mutation on the human mind in the near future.

I'm not angry here but I am complaining damnit. Because I go out of my way to TRY SOMETHING to pull people together, to pull old player back on chat and I get to read complaints that it wasn’t good enough or someone you know got ignored? You know, then why did you post for them? Why didn’t they come out and post it. "Hey, I feel bad because I got ignored" maybe then we as a community could talk to them and not through some grape vine of people.

In closing, thank you for all of you who showed up and made the best of this event, for the Magi for letting me have a room to do it in and for those of you who helped me create it.

Adrie

First Post
I'm sorry but I think you need to chill out just a little. I only stated what was told to me. I don't know what all took place as I was working and not able to attend it as much as I wanted to. I had planned to try to attend when I got home from work both Saturday and Sunday, but two things happened: 1. Real Life and 2. I was dead tired from work. I never complained about when it was scheduled to happen or anything. I think people are just offering suggestions for next time, if there is a next time.

As you have said human nature, isn't it in human nature to complain? Some one is always going to find something wrong with anything, no matter how great it is.

If you did the best job you could then don't take people's critizism so personal then. Yes it does hurt one's feelings to hear/read them. But at the same time You took the time to organize this, not them. Ask to yourself "where were they when I asked for suggestions," and such. You can't complain if you didn't make an effort to make a suggestion.

I'm glad that you did put this together. I'm just wish my work didn't suck as bad as it did this past weekend to make me too tired to enjoy it and log in to part-take in it. I really hope there is a next time.

Elf_Ariel

First Post
...hands out lolly pops...

Suck on these....

aka...hush up!

Bask in the pleasure of some, and the pain of others...it's still attention after all...and isn't that what we do this for? Deep down?

Eat me if I'm wrong...but only in itty bitty nibbly pieces.

And dont make me come over there and tape your fingers together Bari. You put these things on a weekday/night and I'm...*sniff* left out! Hahaha. So be it.

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Rain Song, you did a wonderful job, I loved the description. And the idea was a wonderful exercise for our imaginations. I was on for about. . .10 hours all told, I think? I came on at noonish (maybe 12:30) my time, left for maybe an hour to get food and switch characters, then was on until 11 pm. Yes, it was still going at 11 pm Sunday night. And that's Central - that would be midnight Eastern.

Yes, some people may have been ignored - but, that happens in ISRP, in real life. . everywhere and every when. People do need a reason to interact. I probably never would have even started a conversation with the person who ended up being my best friend in college if she hadn't been wearing a cool pair of earrings.

And the initiator/host of an event is by no means responsible for making sure *everyone* interacts. So, take the positive - and there's a lot of it, and well earned! and let the negative roll off.

Khaira said:
That's where playing bards - or any character with a musical, dancing, singing, or other type of talent with a flair - can come in handy. You bring the party to the gathering, instead of waiting for the gathering to bring the party to you!

I agree whole heartedly. Songs are always a good excuse for interaction - either positive or negative. :)

Remove ads