Into The Future

Ruthia

First Post
*does the "it's seven in the morning and I'm up WAY to early (damn public schools anyways) yawn*

Thats it, I'm seperating you two
*puts baby gate between TY and Oriza*
There

Seriously I had a TON of fun! Can't wait to see what the next user hosted event is!!!

Adrie

First Post
I hope it was fun for everyone. I unfortantly wasn't able to make it. but I heard from a few people that it was a cliq of people when they went in and they were ignored

MistyThorin

First Post
Adrie said:
I hope it was fun for everyone. I unfortantly wasn't able to make it. but I heard from a few people that it was a cliq of people when they went in and they were ignored

Thanks to an emergency at work, I wasn't able to be there half as much as I had intended. At the time I did manage to get it, there was a fair-sized group from the Cat there, along with several others. Slightly clique-ish? Well, sure... several parents chatting with old friends, and several of their teenage children.

However, I only saw one person get "ignored" by everyone... and this person wandered into the area, sat down silently off to one side while others were involved in conversations, and left again before anyone had a chance to really notice this person in-character. (Maybe 5-10 minutes real time... which is not long enough in chat-time, IMHO, for people involved in another conversation to extricate themselves politely and go over to start talking to the stranger.) This person made no effort of their own that I could see, to make the first move and try interacting with anyone.

In fact, I saw some serious efforts by a couple of people to break away from interacting with just their usual friends. I don't know that it was an altogether successful effort, but it happened. All in all, I think the event was great fun, and my thanks to everyone involved in making it happen.

Olath Vlos

First Post
And this is news because.....?

Adrie said:
... but I heard from a few people that it was a cliq{sic} of people when they went in and they were ignored

Just like the tavern. People (and characters) interact with those they know and don't with those they don't. In the tavern on a given night - even if there's twenty-deep at the bar - people are split into their groups.

It's not a bad thing - it Just Is.

Olath's Player

Last edited:

Adrie

First Post
MistyThorin said:
However, I only saw one person get "ignored" by everyone... and this person wandered into the area, sat down silently off to one side while others were involved in conversations, and left again before anyone had a chance to really notice this person in-character. (Maybe 5-10 minutes real time... which is not long enough in chat-time, IMHO, for people involved in another conversation to extricate themselves politely and go over to start talking to the stranger.) This person made no effort of their own that I could see, to make the first move and try interacting with anyone.

the person I heard from had been in for over an hour and had attempted to interact but people blew them off.... but whatever. it was just a glimps into the future no telling if what people rp'ed will really happen come said time heh.
I love the idea of doing such. my group has done it many times with our own campaigns.

Dribble.

First Post
I wish I could have been more time... just half an hour in total... :'(... but well, weekends have always been bad for me.

Remove ads