• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Intrinsic Gear (Epic)

Notmousse

First Post
Here's an idea. A variable level PrC specifically for becoming a diety designed much in the manner as the [animal] Lord, King/Queen of the [environment], or [foe] hunter classes. In short a customizable PrC, which has the entry requirements based on the portfolio and domains in which they wish to have as a god. From the portfolio and domains the character wishes to have you assemble the entry requirements, and each item in their portfolio/domain access would give it's own bonuses.

This could explain why gods tend to have very limited portfolios/domains, and why some gods continue to gain and lose power as time passes. The more encompassing one's portfolio the more time they must spend to make it to godhood, which in turn limits the competition for higher gods, while allowing access to lesser deity (or quasi diety).status upon a larger percentage that would be happy being any kind of god.

Quartz

Hero
I like the idea of intrinsic items. They remind me of the Hero System's Foci. Perhaps the simplest way of implementing them would be to require an Epic Feat for each item?

Along the Hero System's lines, they would still be losable, but the character would expect to get them back.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
I think the tuned PrC to Divinity is exactly what a GM should do, though I also want to use this for extraplanar types like "roll your own deva" who aren't necessarily on the road to divinity. However, treating them as if they are might be a pretty good mechanism anyway since a lot of upper-celestial types have some characteristics in general as the divinities.

I'm putting together some lvl20 characters in my (limited) spare time and hope to advance them to somewhere between ECL25 and ECL35 using these Intrinsic ideas and then run a little adventure, probably online. I'm thinking I should buy Upper_Krusts's Ascension first, though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads