Inventions & Class(Request)

Artimus

First Post
I've been trying to find a good Inventor Class/Prestige Class. I remember seeing a HUGE document on it a while ago. They had like 10 Word Documents on the subject. If anybody knows of this class or maybe another good invention class(magical is also good), could you post a link or e-mail me.

ThornHighhill@Hotmail.com

Thanks,

Artimus

Jarval

Explorer
This may not be what you're looking for, but there is an Inventor class in Dungeon 90 (the Pulp d20 setting in Polyhedron to be precise).

DungeonKeeperUK

First Post
Similar Thread

Theres a similar thread that you can find the link below, but here the latest bit of info from it....

First off, Terraism - thanks. As the guy that *wrote* the netbook of tinkering, your comment means a lot to me.

Secondly, let me give you guys some *inside* information. I started the Netbook of Tinkering a year ago (almost to the date) and it became part of the D&D Community Council (which is now the FanCC). As a result of that work (which I spent a lot of time and effort on, and it ended up exceeding 40 pages), I was "discovered" by Thunderhead Games, who, at that time, was interested in the tinkering rules. I began working with Thunderhead Games in around March of last year on a module, of all things. We decided that we needed a city to base the module in, so we started working on the city, and neither of which had anything to do with tinkering.

But, and here's the on-topic, relevant part of this post - We took the core concept from the netbook of tinkering (that tinkering is a subset of the craft() skill with its own rules) and incorporated it into the Bluffside book, which will be out in a month or so.

The vastness of the Netbook of Tinkering, with it's technology timelines, tinkering-related discussions, and vast array of tinkered devices did not find its way into the Bluffside work (some of them did). So, it's possible that the Netbook of Tinkering might resurface again some day (the current form has many OGL violations, anyway), but in the meantime, I recommend (whole-heartedly, of course) that you check out the Tinkering rules in the Bluffside sourcebook. I think you'll find them to be realistic, logical, easy to understand, and quite portable to boot.

This is coming from the guy that, quite literally, wrote the "book" on tinkering.

If the Netbook of Tinkering comes out again, I'll use the OGC tinkering rules from the Bluffside book with which to base the foundation off of.

Tinkering/Invention Thread

Remove ads