• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IOUN Stones?

hong

WotC's bitch
Also, don't forget that Ioun Stone is the computer game company from Dallas (the capital of Texas) that was responsible for genre-defining hits such as Daikatana.

Darraketh

First Post
Hammerhead said:

You're right. And I don't remember Daikatana winning any awards.

And you're right Daikatana was much heralded, often delayed and very buggy. It went straight to the $9.99 bargin bin.

And Austin is the capital of Texas.

hong

WotC's bitch
ninjajester said:
hong. perpetually misunderstood poster. new custom title?

It's a bad habit of mine. I've been trying to break it for years, but I can't. I just don't have the willpower. I mean, I KNOW that Dallas is really the capital of Arkansas (the state just across the mighty Mississippi river from Texas), but I can't help spreading misinformation.

Misleing* people is like pot. Do it once and it's like warm apple pie and after you get over the retching and heaving and burning sensation**, you think "what's wrong with doing it again?" And that leads to another, and another, and before you know it, you're addicted. You'll be trolling the boards, hanging out your bait for all to see, which is a sorry sight indeed. So remember kids, if you ever get the urge to misle people, just say no.

[*] Misle being, of course, the present tense of misled.
[**] I may have made some of that up.

Ron

Explorer
Go back to basics!
Grab a copy of Jack Vance's Dying Earth series (all four books were recent re-released in a single volume omnibus edition) to check the original concept. Obviously, the Dying Earth RPG, which is not d20 but does have one of the most original game systems I have seen, also have additional information.

NeghVar

First Post
Ron,

I have the reprint...that is what inspired me to hunt for what had been done already.

BTW: How is the Dying Earth RPG?

Thanks!

drnuncheon

Explorer
NeghVar said:
BTW: How is the Dying Earth RPG?

Quite excellent. It is the only RPG I've seen that gives as much rules space and detail to interpersonal interaction as it does to combat. Players have to let go of some of their preconceptions regarding gaming, which might be difficult for some folks - you are rewarded for making a Vancian-style story rather than (as in most RPGs) for having your character succeed.

I highly recommend it for any Vance fans. Sadly, most of the time when I see it, the main book is shrinkwrapped...

J

Remove ads