• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IQ to INT equivalent

Kaiyosama

First Post
I would argue that IQ can be a useful tool, but doesn't have any real world aplication. It's just that yuppies have more time to waste on meaningless things that look / sound cool, like IQ.

That said, it is often very useful in certain circumstances, including psyciatric evaluation, as long as you take it with a grain of salt. It is only a general indicator after all. There are many tests that they complie to determine IQ because there are different area's of intelligence. However, that doesn't mean that all forms of intelligence can or will be tested, and thus an incompleate picture is determined. Multiple intelgigences are somewhat reflected in DnD, with the Int and Wis scores.

BTW, the Bay of Pigs invasion was one of those fun american blunders (Carter I think) in which we tried to invade Cuda (throught the Bay of Pigs) with CIA trained anti-Castro Cubans. They were killed quite easily.

Dreaddisease

First Post
I would like the distribution of genius to dolt or strong man to puny-man to be about the same as a general population at any given time. Racial adjustments aside.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
BTW, the Bay of Pigs invasion was one of those fun american blunders (Carter I think) in which we tried to invade Cuda (throught the Bay of Pigs) with CIA trained anti-Castro Cubans. They were killed quite easily. [/B]

:eek: Please, please tell me you were joking here.

MarauderX

Explorer
MENSA

I thought mensa took only the top 2% into their fold, and usually it's from scoring extremely well on standardized tests like the SAT or their own test questions. Not that the organization does much for you, but I suppose it's nice to be reassured you are smarter than normal.

Given the above 2% and statistics for a 3d6 roll I would say there would be a decent chance for an eventual medieval geek underground that might crop up in a campaign (that is, not including mind flayers and the like).

diaglo

Adventurer
Dreaddisease said:
Uh.... what if I didn't know what the Bay of Pigs invasion was.

can i say it.

if you didn't know someone, aka your teacher or you screwed up. that is pretty important history. considering it almost ended the world.

some of us were around then.:rolleyes:

edit: we didn't know what the Soviets would do in response.

Last edited:

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Kaiyosama said:

No, not at all. And yes, Ankh is right, it was an newly elected JFK.

Yes - it was the association of Carter to the Bay of Pigs fiasco I was surprised by. Quite surprised, actually. No, more like frightened for the future, to be blunt. :(

Remove ads