(IR) IR Interlude Turn 4 - 5 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Wanderer regards Thayadon, and then he raises a hand.

HA!
So, you are a defender of your people, right?
You wish to protect your people, right?

(The Wanderer smiles, a dark smile)

What would you say, Thayadon, if I were to tell you that one of the Great Powers - not the imbecile Shade or Black Brotherhood! - is ... is ...

(his voice drops to a whisper)

... is working on finding the way to summon the Elder Ones to this world.

I know which Power is doing this.
They are working in the Deep Astral, for they cannot be spotted by 10th level magic that way.

(He smiles grimly)

But, King Thayadon, I know where they are.
I know exactly where they are, because I wear the Ring of Gaxx, and with it's power I am not fooled.

I know where they are, and I will tell you.
Tell you, King Thayadon.
Tell you, so you can go to the Deep Astral and obliterate these monsters and their scheme to destroy us all.

(The Wanderer smiles even more darkly)

But ...

I have a price, Thayadon.

There is a price for my help.

You must do something for me.
Something very big, very great.
Something in return for my information.

You must ...

(He takes out a Helm.)

You must put this on.

((I think you know what it is. However, this one cannot be reversed, by 10th level magic even.
It is the Wanderer's own creation, and it is truly powerful - 11th level magic or another artifact will reverse it's effects.
It is, of course, a Helm of Opposition.))

Put this on, and go back to your people, and lead them to victory.

(He snarls)

Victory for the people of Oerth!
Victory against all our enemies who would enslave us, destroy us, kill us!
Victory, and for our opponents bitter defeat and death!

What say you, King Thayadon?

For I will most certainly NOT reveal the location of the experiments if you will not do this thing.

(He speaks grimly)

I would rather see Oerth perish than allow it to be the plaything of the Torilians!

Serpenteye

First Post
The Wanderer

"You speak the truth, wanderer" A simulacrum of the God-Emperor walks down a flight of stairs into the entrance hall of the cathedral. There is a faint aura of power surrounding the copy but it's obvious it's not the real God-Emperor. The image-made-flesh looks at the arguing pair with amusement and a hint of contempt. "You speak. But actions speak louder than words."

"Hazen is not here, and I do not know where he went. I came for a reason similar to yours, to infuence the future of Oerth and save it from death and Toril both. Hazen will not listen to you. He might speak with humility and politeness, but he views the multiverse with different glasses than the rest of us. Spewing your bile at his feet won't make that any different. He'll serve Oerth in his own way but for him Toril is an object of adoration and emulation, not a threat. I have always resented the influence that alien world has on our own planet and fought against it in every way I could. There are many differences between our ideologies, but I believe we share the same goal. The independence and prosperity of Oerth, with our own cultures untainted by Toril.
You stand alone, wanderer, but you do not have to. Unite with me and the Union of Oerth and you will be given the power to do more than speak."

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Wanderer regards the God Emperor, then speaks:

I don't think Archcleric Hazen would be too happy to find you in his sacred church, in the heart of his capital city!

(He laughs)

However, I am happy to see you.

(Then he frowns darkly)

God Emperor, you are a fool.
You attack your own allies, and destroy them!
You refuse to aid your allies when they are under attack!

Now, your Dark Union stands alone against twelve nations who are altruistically allied!

You will be crushed, and then they will turn this planet over to the Torilians.

There is no hope (he looks bitter and frustrated) of a new Alliance against the Torilians.
Where are your allies?
Who will stand with you?

Acererak? He wishes, probably, to destroy you, to have revenge for you wiping out his minions.
The Shade? They have stated you have their eternal hatred.
The League of Warlords? A small ally.
The Drow? THEY have all embraced the Light. I do not see any help there.
The Hive Cluster and Underdark Races? Worthy allies, but can you obtain their help?

You know that I will join you, O God Emperor.
I will stand with the Dark Union.

If there must be one great Empire that spans this world, let it be the Dark Union, and not the Alliance of Oerth.
For the Dark Union will never bow to the Torilians!

The Dark Union, takes it's rightful due, and woe to the foe who does not bow to the God Emperor!

(He smiles)

I like that attitude.
I like your Dark Union.
And when all the other Powers of Oerth have been crushed, I will revel as your Dark Union invades Toril.

(He gloats in dark glee)

I will watch as you take their paradise, and make it yours.
You will have ALL their riches, their science, their magic, their paradise, and it will be on YOUR terms, and they shall kneel to Rauxes!

Their World Forum shall be cast down, and the rule of Rauxes imposed!

Or is that your intent, O God Emperor?
Or are you willing to be content with the desert Vecna has left us?

Are you willing to stand up to these Torillians?
Are you willing to go against their world, and TAKE what is rightfully yours?!

I want to know!
I will not follow a weakling or a coward!
I want a real leader with guts and courage, who knows his path and walks it.
I want a leader who takes his rightful due, and destroys his foes with an iron fist!

What is your stance, O God Emperor?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(Remember, folks, that I am not the Wanderer.
I am not a hatemonger.
Much less an angry old man.
Kaboom, don't take anything the Wanderer says personally.
It's all strictly In Character. :) )

Last edited:

kaboom

First Post
"The Elder Ones? I must think on this. I will have a reply for you shortly"
And he teleports away.
10 min. later his SIMULACROME teleports back back and says "The Elder Ones must be stopped. I acsept your offer."
After puting the helm on he says "where are those plotting to let loose the Elder Ones? I will kill them and summon the Elder Ones myself!

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
And of course...

Of course, Anabstercorian, the eternal meddler, appears above the Wanderer.

<< So, YOU are the one who deigns to speak for an entire world! How amusing. You presume to defend Oerth from the foreign invasion of Toril? What gives you this right? >>

He continues.

<< You even go so far as to say that Vecna, who stood against the Torilians in his desire to create an eternal empire of agony and terror, is superior to this cleric of Rao. Rao is a god (be he False) of Peace, not war. I would think that Hazen would be better qualified to dictate his wishes than you, a meddler almost equal to me in your busybodied ways. >>

He continues.

<< These Elder Ones? I know who is attempting to summon them. I can hardly imagine they will be successful in the slightest. In the war of the Chosen's Judgement on Toril, the entire empire of the Illithid bent their collective genius to the task of sending them running rampant and found themselves completely impotent to do so in the face of the merest opposition from those who knew of their activities! I believe, oh Wanderer, that you are LYING, twisting a mild irritation in to a world-shattering threat so that you might manipulate this force of good in to a force of madness, of destruction! You wish to draw Oerth in to an impossible war against an entrenched and godlike foe. You are a fool, Wanderer, and if you were not gilded in your magicks and unstoppable wards I would slap your mind. >>

He stops.

(Oh, and Edena! How are the Gem Dragons reacting to my ultimatum?)

Last edited:

Maudlin, Shade are also studying The Lore of The Elder Ones, I suggest we combine this research, email me if you agree and you are free to take shelter in Melkor`s Realm, you should be safe there.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Kaboom, the Wanderer is thousands of years old, and extremely powerful.
He is not fooled by the simulacrum.
When he sees that Thayadon is trying to fool him, he just laughs and dismisses the simulacrum, and does not even speak to it.

However, when Anabstercorian (who is Torilian) arrives, the Wanderer sees him, knows him for who he is, and he knows his history.

The Wanderer, if it is possible, becomes more angry than he was before, turning red.

And then he speaks ...

Anabstercorian of Toril, you are an escaped convict, and the noose of the Torilians awaits.
A tight noose, and a very permanent one, I would daresay.

Do not presume to lecture me on whether the Elder Ones may or may not be summoned ... I know much more concerning this matter than even you, illithid.
In any case, the CHANCE that those who plot this summoning will succeed exists, and if there is any chance at all, then that is too much of a chance.

Someone must speak for Oerth.
Do you presume to speak for Oerth, illithid?
You are Torilian, and you have already seized power from one of our own great Powers, and made them yours.
ANOTHER CASE of Torilians interfering in our world, our business.

What gives YOU the right, illithid, to walk into our world and start saying that this will be like so, and that will be like so?!
Yet this you have done, and all the Solistarim bow to you!
To you!

(He looks so furious, he looks like he's going to have a heart attack. He turns scarlet with rage.)

A Torilian illithid enslaving the people of Oerth!
A Torilian illithid, walking over our people!

I will personally see you destroyed, Anabstercorian.
It will be a slow and devastatingly painful death, I assure you!
You will be dissected piece by piece, while you watch.

You will pay dearly for your interference in our world, you who deign to rule over those who you are not fit to touch the feet of!

And, for your information, illithid, Vecna can return!
He CAN return!
Yes, his phylactery was destroyed, and he was destroyed with it.
But with 11th level magic, he can be recreated!
Vecna the Mad can return.

And I say, I would rather have HIM as my ruler, than you, Torilian illithid!!

(Then he frowns really, really darkly)

And if you think they cannot summon the Elder Ones, that is a clear example of your Torillian arrogance and naietivity.
You presume to know how reality works in OUR world, on this planet, in this Crystal Sphere!
This is not Toril, is not Realmspace, and here things work differently.
Or did you not know that?
For that matter, do you really know anything??
I wonder.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads